Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Any Free SmartSound tracks?
wingclip [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2009 11:28 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Folks,
I installed a ton of audio files the other night that I have only now realized are not free. I'm sure I could have gotten that list without a actually installing them on my hard drive but that's for another day.

AT THIS TIME: I'm trying to find the "Free Smart Sound Tracks" that I read were included with PD 10 Ultra. I'm sure there aren't many but I can't seem to locate them. There aren't any audio files in the Cyberlink Folder that was installed containing Particles, Titles, etc.

I ran this question through the "search" section but I guess I'm not asking the question right because it didn't find anything.
Can someone point me in the proper direction please?
Thank You.
Rich Power Director 10 Ultra vrsn build 10.0.0.1703
Anti Virus: MSE, (Microsoft security essentials)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rich -

The search engine on the forum isn't as clever as we need it to be! You probably were using the right keywords.

Yes - there are some SmartSound tracks supplied with PD. When you open the SS (Magic Music) module, you'll see some tracks in bold type. They're the free ones.

The other tracks listed in normal type are available for purchase.

Do you have any tracks listed in bold type?

Another way of checking is to go to C:\ProgramData\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files - that's where the SS audio tracks are installed.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
On my computer, or maybe it's my eyes, it's hard to tell which ones are bold. With 'All" selected, it is the first 10 sets on my installation. The free ones will let you drag them to the time line. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
You're right Jaime-esque - the difference between the two isn't very clear. Luckily, they're listed together at the top!

Cheers - Tony
wingclip [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ohhhh!! I got it! Thanks Tony. They may not be what I'm looking for, (I'm trying to find the sound of a passing jet engined aircraft), but I do indeed see them.

When I get a moment, I'll go back and check them out. I'm sure I'll have to 'Google around' to find some sound effects I'm looking for though.

Thank You very much for that really quick reply!
ynotfish
[Post New]
OK Rich -

You're not talking about SmartSound tracks, I don't think. You're referring to audio clips & sound effects you have stored on your PC... like the ones Neil (CubbyHouseFilms) posted on the forum http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21531.page

For files like these, just import them in the same way you import video clips & images. Navigate to the right location on your PC & bring them into PD.

Cheers - Tony
wingclip [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wow Tony, that's great! In addition, The tutorials and manual are fantastic and though I have barely scratched the surface, I'm guessing that I'll be able to find a way to make my own custom sound files to use.

But yes, I do need the SmartSound music files also, (for my background music. But thanks, that's a big help because I was pulling up blanks in the Google search. Power Director 10 Ultra vrsn build 10.0.0.1703
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi wingclip,

Just in case you're having trouble finding one, the "attached" JETPASS sound effect might work for you.
( Used it in a quick bit here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNmMkHB-tSY )

Filename
JETPASS.WAV
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
421 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
332 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 24. 2012 18:47

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
wingclip [Avatar]
[Post New]
Outstanding Cranston! You're a gentlemen and a scholar!
Thank You

PS I just fixed your name. I had misspelled it, sorry.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 24. 2012 19:10

Power Director 10 Ultra vrsn build 10.0.0.1703
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Here is a lot of sound effects for free.

CubbyHouseFilms provided them for the forum members.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21532.page

There are two airplane sound effects in the download.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

wingclip [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl, once I started typing in the proper search term, (I often tend to be too specific for Google), I quickly found a large number of freeware sound sites.

So far, none really stand out so I'm still looking around. I'm going to check that one out in a few hours once I get rolling.
Thanks again
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks Carl, once I started typing in the proper search term, (I often tend to be too specific for Google), I quickly found a large number of freeware sound sites.

So far, none really stand out so I'm still looking around. I'm going to check that one out in a few hours once I get rolling.
Thanks again
Rich

You might try here, not free but pretty darn cheap.

http://www.footagefirm.com/freeproductionmusicmay.html?utm_source=Videomaker0511MusicPart1&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Videomaker0511MusicPart1

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
When looking for simple sound effects like that I just search the internet. They are usually not very had to find in mp3 format. I see several options have already been offered. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM