CyberLink Community Forum
The integrity of CyberLink PowerDVD is under threat  XML
Forum Index » General info regarding 4K/2K Ultra HD and Blu-ray Discs
BeemerBiker

I started getting this on my Windows 7 system after I added a 3rd video board. I have a gtx460 driving one monitor and a pair of gts250's in SLI driving a 2nd monitor. I used that Patch9 to upgrade to 9.0.4322.52. Googleing I see others with powerdvd12 and same problem.

I can play my blu-rays using the free DAPlayer but my paid for powerdvd 9 wont play any blu-rays anymore.

I disabled McAfee and also stopped BOINC (BOINC uses my gpu's for CUDA processing) and power dvd give the same error message

I tried both LG and LiteOn blu-ray devices and neither product works anymore except with DAPlayer.

[EDIT] - I brought up Nero's Blu-Ray player (Kiwi Media) and it worked fine after activating it's patent. PowerDVD 9 still does not work and still generates the above error. I also corrected the SLI devices name.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 22/04/2012 11:35:37

[WWW]
CyberLink-Michael

Administrator
[Avatar]

Hi,
suggest to disable the SLI and try wih singel monitor

br
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[WWW]
BeemerBiker

I found a copy of Cyberlink 10 that was on the disk that came with my LG blu ray player. When I put in version 10 I got the error message 121 - no digital device. I then downloaded the suggested BD advisor that told me I only had analog video and needed dvi, hdmi or display port. I have a pair of analog monitors and a pair DVI to Analog adapter. It seem that is not sufficient.

The GTS250 has HDMI, analog and DVI. I normally use the analog connector which works for bluray under nero's kiwi. I put the DVI to Analog on the GTS250 connector and still got error 121. I then pulled the GTS250 out of the system to try the gtx460.

The GTX460 had DVI and display port. The DVI gave the error 121 when the DVI to analog adapter was used. I then used a display port to dvi adapter and put the DVI to analog on that. It didn't work at all. Not even a raster.

I have another system that runs PowerDVD 9 just fine and it has a gtx570 (hdmi & display port & dvi) and it also has HD5850 (dvi & hdmi & display port). It does not generate error 121 or "Under Threat", so I am not sure what or where the problem is.

FWIW, I could not get the display port to dvi adapter to work with the 5850 or the GTX570. Possibly, that dp2dvi adapter is bad. I tried two different DVI adapters neither worked on the gts250 or gtx460 but both worked on the hd5850 and gtx570.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/05/2012 10:06:20

[WWW]
guga

[Avatar]

Hi BeemerBiker. Got any luck on this so far?
BeemerBiker

guga wrote:Hi BeemerBiker. Got any luck on this so far?

You must have posted before I clicked on submit!

Something else I discovered: When I had powerdvd9, if I put in the original blu ray disk I get error 121. If I used my backup bluray copy, created by DVDFab, I get that error message about "under threat".

I routinely make backups of all my movies. I found long ago that buying a tv show that as 50+ or so disks and one disks goes bad, one cannot get that disk replaced. Star Trek blu ray edition runs 44gb per disk and I can reduce it to 25gb using DVDFab. The original disk gave error 121, my backup that was 25gb gave "under threat" Both will play on Nero's kiwi or that DAplayer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/05/2012 09:59:55

[WWW]

Forum Index » General info regarding 4K/2K Ultra HD and Blu-ray Discs
Go to: