Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
power director 10 slowing down computer
MintoMadDogsKiller18 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2012 13:04 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
how come when i render a project in power director 10 it slows down my computer to a crawl? i have never had issues with editing programs slowing down my computer before, i only have problems with this program. so anyone got any help for me to make it so when i am rendering/ producing a movie in power director 10 it does not slow my computer down to a crawl?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Welcome to the forum,
Please can you provide diagnostic files to enable members to ascertain what your set up is and give you an answer? See guide below.

Please also state what you're editing, HD or SD*

It would help to know the camera, make and model as well please.

A screenshot of your project, the Edit Workspace, will show how you have set up everything. We'll then see what you can..

HD = High Definition, 1920 x 1080
SD = Standard Definition 720 x 480

Please view the guide:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Part A, B, E & F
may assist you.

It appears you have stressed your computer, but with the additional info members can jump in and assist.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 12. 2012 14:35

[Post New]
power director ultra 10.0.0.1005, 32 bit

i saved the thing to my desktop but now what, how do i share it with you guys?

also my specific problem cannot be screen shotted because the program is slowing down my computer, not a specific error that pops up
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
Welcome to the forum,
Please can you provide diagnostic files to enable members to ascertain what your set up is and give you an answer? See guide below.

Please also state what you're editing, HD or SD*

It would help to know the camera, make and model as well please.

A screenshot of your project, the Edit Workspace, will show how you have set up everything. We'll then see what you can..

HD = High Definition, 1920 x 1080
SD = Standard Definition 720 x 480

Please view the guide:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Part A, B, E & F
may assist you.

It appears you have stressed your computer, but with the additional info members can jump in and assist.

Dafydd

power director ultra 10.0.0.1005, 32 bit

i saved the thing to my desktop but now what, how do i share it with you guys?

also my specific problem cannot be screen shotted because the program is slowing down my computer, not a specific error that pops up
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Right under the box where you are writing your post
you see 2 blue tabs, one saying "Attachments".
Click on that, and you will be able to upload 1-3 attachments
following each post.

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
You have to use the "Postreply" button to get access to the "Attachments" option NOT the reply box right under the last post.

This confuses many people and is a problem with the layout of this forum. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
there i added the file
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
51 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
400 time(s)
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your DxDiag, unfortunately your computer is underpowered for video editing. Editing video is one of the hardest things your computer can do.

128 meg of video ram is very low plus the fact that you do not have a separate video card but an Intel video chip on the motherboard.

At least your videos are getting produced, most people with underpowered computers, their projects fall over due to not enough power.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but know that you are among the many many thousands who go out and buy a new video camera and find out their computer won't handle the video when editing, especially when they start to get creative with their editing. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for your DxDiag, unfortunately your computer is underpowered for video editing. Editing video is one of the hardest things your computer can do.

128 meg of video ram is very low plus the fact that you do not have a separate video card but an Intel video chip on the motherboard.

At least your videos are getting produced, most people with underpowered computers, their projects fall over due to not enough power.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but know that you are among the many many thousands who go out and buy a new video camera and find out their computer won't handle the video when editing, especially when they start to get creative with their editing.

well all these other editing softwares and programs i use which do the exact same thing as what cyberlink power director 10 does do not slow my computer down at all
Robert2 S
[Post New]
What can I say, enjoy the other programs. Although if you want the extra things that PowerDirector does you will need a more powerful computer unless all you are doing is using standard definition video and just cutting parts out.

As soon as you start changing things in your video, like colour change, stabilization, special effects etc, your computer has to render each and every frame of your video, up to 60 times every second, which your computer will struggle to accomplish.

But hey, if your other programs have no problem with slowing down your computer.......

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 12. 2012 21:46

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
I really do not think your other video programs do the "exact" same thing PD10 can do by a long shot...

Sad... but true.... your computer obviously runs PD10, but when it comes to rendering.... that's a whole new ball game....

We never like to tell people that their computer just ain't got what it takes to have a pleasant editing experience. But that's just the simple truth. Some computers cannot run PD10.... Some NEW computers cannot run PD10..... we have seen that a lot in the past year or so.

PD10 has the need for speed, memory, RAM and more Video RAM. Not like most software, the more the better. With PD10, it's... more is necessary....

Unfortunately... Power Director 9 and 10, a new breed of Power Director from previous versions, separates computers into several categories....

1. Cannot run PD10 and should not try... but will run all older versions of PD with little problems..
2. Runs PD10 but falls flat when trying to render some stuff, still cannot do HD..
3. Runs PD 10 fairly well, with an occasional stumble on rendering HD..
4. Runs PD10 well almost never stumbles rendering blue ray..
5. Runs PD10 well, can run other programs while PD is rendering blue ray.. (the computer that dreams are made of) not your typical off the shelf computer...

Mine is a HP Pavillion desktop, 6 years old now... and is a "solid 4 1/2" but I do not do blue ray and I occasionally run something else while rendering. Not like the old old old days when you had to manually shut down half your processes just so you could burn a CD, and hope it does not make a coaster. We had lots of coasters in the old days...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 13. 2012 02:10

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
[Post New]
i never said these other editing programs do the exactly everything power director 10 can do, but they do what i need them to do, all i need to do is add my audio clip to the program and then a video clip and line up/sync the audio with the video and then render it, pretty simple stuff, so i dont see how this garbage editing software cannot allow me to do just that, thats all i want to do, other editing softwares allow me to render videos just i am having troubles using them for syncing up videos, so i am using power director, but i dont need all this extra garbage that power director gives me, i just need the simple shit so i dont see why it freezes my computer when all i am doing is rendering a couple minute movie that i made where all i really did was add some gameplay and then some audio and sync them up, ye thats some pretty advanced stuff right there (sarcasm)
[Post New]
Quote: I really do not think your other video programs do the "exact" same thing PD10 can do by a long shot...

Sad... but true.... your computer obviously runs PD10, but when it comes to rendering.... that's a whole new ball game....

We never like to tell people that their computer just ain't got what it takes to have a pleasant editing experience. But that's just the simple truth. Some computers cannot run PD10.... Some NEW computers cannot run PD10..... we have seen that a lot in the past year or so.

PD10 has the need for speed, memory, RAM and more Video RAM. Not like most software, the more the better. With PD10, it's... more is necessary....

Unfortunately... Power Director 9 and 10, a new breed of Power Director from previous versions, separates computers into several categories....

1. Cannot run PD10 and should not try... but will run all older versions of PD with little problems..
2. Runs PD10 but falls flat when trying to render some stuff, still cannot do HD..
3. Runs PD 10 fairly well, with an occasional stumble on rendering HD..
4. Runs PD10 well almost never stumbles rendering blue ray..
5. Runs PD10 well, can run other programs while PD is rendering blue ray.. (the computer that dreams are made of) not your typical off the shelf computer...

Mine is a HP Pavillion desktop, 6 years old now... and is a "solid 4 1/2" but I do not do blue ray and I occasionally run something else while rendering. Not like the old old old days when you had to manually shut down half your processes just so you could burn a CD, and hope it does not make a coaster. We had lots of coasters in the old days...

ok so if i download a earlier version of power director i should be fine? what version might work for me, all i am trying to do is add my video and then add some audio and sync the 2 up, not advanced stuff at all, but only power director is giving me success at being able to line the 2 files up
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
...am using power director, but i dont need all this extra garbage that power director gives me, i just need the simple shit so i dont see why it freezes my computer when all i am doing is rendering a couple minute movie that i made where all i really did was add some gameplay and then some audio and sync them up,

Hi,

Are you screencapturing? If so, using……?
If so, the screencapture program I use produces .avi – and a couple more.
I take it that you know .avi makes large files?
What format are you bringing in to PD for rendering,
and what format are you chosing out?

......when all i am doing is rendering a couple minute movie that i made where all i really did was add some gameplay and then some audo

Again, what format are you using- in and out of PD? .avi? .mpeg? .mp4? .wmv?
Which of the rendering templates have you used?
Have you tried customising templates, to change res - and bit sizes?

Does this give you options to get the rendering going?
(sorry about image size)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 13. 2012 09:25

Just something.
[Post New]
Quote:
...am using power director, but i dont need all this extra garbage that power director gives me, i just need the simple shit so i dont see why it freezes my computer when all i am doing is rendering a couple minute movie that i made where all i really did was add some gameplay and then some audio and sync them up,

Hi,

Are you screencapturing? If so, using……?
If so, the screencapture program I use produces .avi – and a couple more.
I take it that you know .avi makes large files?
What format are you bringing in to PD for rendering,
and what format are you chosing out?

......when all i am doing is rendering a couple minute movie that i made where all i really did was add some gameplay and then some audo

Again, what format are you using- in and out of PD? .avi? .mpeg? .mp4? .wmv?
Which of the rendering templates have you used?
Have you tried customising templates, to change res - and bit sizes?

Does this give you options to get the rendering going?
(sorry about image size)

well my pvr records and makes the files mt2s, and then so far i have used the wmv format in power director. i need my videos to stay at least 720p hd, they record in 720p hd but i need to make sure when i render and make my movie and then upload to youtube the movie/video is 720p hd. so what file format should i save it as to make sure it is 720p hd at least?
1Nina
[Post New]

Take a read in this thread : http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20923.page#111062

Just something.
Robert2 S
[Post New]
Quote: , all i need to do is add my audio clip to the program and then a video clip and line up/sync the audio with the video and then render it, pretty simple stuff, so i dont see how this garbage editing software cannot allow me to do just that, thats all i want to do,

The answer is simple, this garbage piece of software can't do it on your computer because you are trying to edit High Definition video on an underpowered computer, pretty simple really.

I don't know why I bother sometimes. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
MintoMadDogsKiller -

You're not from Minto, NSW, Australia, are you?

I've read what other members have kindly advised you, and they're right.

Some software just needs a PC with some grunt (like your nick) in order to be able to use it "properly".

Like Robert said, it's pretty simple. Your choice is pretty simple.

1. Forget about PD10 & use the other software that works fine on your PC and does what you want.
2. Get yourself onto a rig that is built for video editing...
- your current CPU might get by... http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Pentium+Dual-Core+E5200+%40+2.50GHz
- not with a GPU like this... http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Intel+82945G+Express
- not with only 2GB RAM

Making statements like "garbage software" is not valid when you're not giving it the best chance of running smoothly.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!