Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error 80040111: ClassFactory cannot supply requested class
tbop [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2012 12:26 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I first wanted to purchase PowerDVD 12 since it's the only easy-to-use BluRay player available for Windows 7 therefore I've downloaded the 30-day trial version from your website.

Unfortunately it turns out that every time I try loading BD I've instantly got the same error:

Code 80040111: ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

I'm using a brand new computer with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 and a LG CH10LS20 as DVD/BD player. Everything may be up-to-date as far as I know. I've tested it with different BD which I knew they work, the DVDs seems to work fine though.
I'm guessing I may require a missing installation on my new computer but couldn't figure out yet.

Btw: I'm a software engineer so I don't mind making some odd stuffs in cmd to give you further logs.

Thanks!
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
I was curios about the error so I Googled it and apparently some codecs are missing from the installation form DVD12.

Perhaps this is from an anti-virus and/or firewall from blocking the files, I have found from experience that this can happen. McAffee, Norton and Kasperesky can be the worst with Comodo fire wall also causing this problem.

Power DVD also relies on Microsoft Redistributable packages to operate their software. These are pre-written software packages that vendors use to save time when developing software. Some use it and some don't. (you may already know this). DVD12 installs at least 3 or 4 of these and I believe that these can also be corrupted from overzealous ant-virus programs.

I will make a suggestion to try and fix your problem, uninstall DVD12 and any Redistributable packages. Run CCleaners registry cleaner as many times as necessary until it finds nothing.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Save the install package or DVD12 to the desk top and install it from there, not form a temporary folder. Disable your ant-virus and firewall programs and try again. Restart you machine after the installation.

I may be totally off the mark here and Cyberlink Michael or someone else may have something else to add, but it's something to think about until then.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 04. 2012 01:23

tbop [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes it must be something missing. I don't have any antivirus or firewall at the moment so it might not be the issue.
I will try to reinstall it but I'd rather like to generate and grab some logs to figure out where does the error come from.

Cheers!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2012 06:36

nayan007 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 05, 2011 22:50 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

For the error exactly why are you getting ,please refer to this link :- http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/components/why-do-i-get-80040111-errors.html . And the most important thing is please update your Microsoft with all the latest updates and try again !! Love Cyber-Link !!
tbop [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi! Agree. Ok actually I can see that Windows Update keeps harassing me since this morning so I'll update my Windows (though the SP1 is already installed).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2012 09:03

tbop [Avatar]
[Post New]
Still not working at all. I omit to mention I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate N so Windows Media player is not installed and I'm guessing some other things related to it neither.

So I'm about to install the media features for Windows 7 N... which will actually install what I wanted not to install: Windows Media Player (erk!!!!) and I'm not even sure I'll be able to return to the previous state of my windows afterward if it turns out that it doesn't fix my problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2012 10:32

Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
It would be interesting to see if a different Blu-ray player would work, like TMT5, assuming that you haven't tried this already.

http://www.arcsoft.com/downloads/tbyb/totalmediatheatre5_retail_tbyb_all.exe

As for Windows Media Player that shouldn't make any difference, I would think.

And for Windows updates, in trying to solve another problem I was running DVD12 for a while with out any and it worked fine.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 04. 2012 11:17

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Still not working at all. I omit to mention I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate N so Windows Media player is not installed and I'm guessing some other things related to it neither.

So I'm about to install the media features for Windows 7 N... which will actually install what I wanted not to install: Windows Media Player (erk!!!!) and I'm not even sure I'll be able to return to the previous state of my windows afterward if it turns out that it doesn't fix my problem.

Hi,

please install the WMP - it provides components on system level that are needed

br
Michael
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
There ya go, I would have never thought having no WMP was the issue.

It would still be interesting to try TMT5 with out WMP and see if it would work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2012 11:27

tbop [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi!

Yes it worked! Thank you very much!
However that kinda sucks that we need to install WMP. Can't you just put in the installer all the stuffs the software needs from the media features bundle of Windows 7 without having to install WMP? I really would like to get rid of WMP in the near future. So the issue is fixed anyway....

But I've got another one! Now PowerDVD argues that BD playback in the trial version is limited to PCs with hardware acceleration.... Well I do have hardware acceleration I've got a Radeon HD5450 with all the latest drivers up-to-date. I tried to install the latest Directx as well but it didn't fix the problem. So the only solution that PowerDVD is proposing me for now is to upgrade to PowerDVD Ultra.... well I don't want to buy this software before ensuring I can make it work as much as I like first with my BD player so sorry for you guys but this is definitely not a solution at the moment

Why can't my graphic card be detected?

EDIT: In info I've got this line: Video Accelerator DirectX VA (Not In Use)

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2012 11:45

tbop [Avatar]
[Post New]
I may know why doesn't PD want to play the BD. I've just installed the competitor's software WinDVD Pro and it argues that the BD player doesn't work when the video output is different than HDMI or DVI.... which is indeed true because I'm using an AOC F22 screen and AOC for the time being has got the brilliant idea to not provide any support for DVI or HDMI input.

Is this thing would be fix if I buy a DVI-to-VGA adapter in the market and I therefore plug my video output to the DVI port of my graphic card?

Cheers again!
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Is this thing would be fix if I buy a DVI-to-VGA adapter in the market and I therefore plug my video output to the DVI port of my graphic card?

Cheers again!

Hi,
no - VGA output for BD is not allowed anymore.
You need a fully HDCP capable chain to output BD content.

br
Michael
tbop [Avatar]
[Post New]
I see. I didn't know that. So I need to invest in another widescreen first. Thanks!
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Before spending a grand or more on a new TV, try running Any DVD first to remove all the copy protection stuff.
It's a fraction of the cost.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvdhd.html
tbop [Avatar]
[Post New]
Damn. I needed to purchase AnyDVDHD one week ago in order to get rid of the region zone on DVDs... Didn't know it also removes this kind of protection.

I've just tested it with one BD and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for the hint!
tbop [Avatar]
[Post New]
Btw , would you know what subscription length I'd better purchase for AnyDVD? I don't know what are the plans regarding further BD protection in the near future so I don't really know if I should purchase more than a simple one-year free updates subscription.
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just went with the life time subscription for 119.00 € and have never regretted it, this allows free updates forever.

I always check for BETA versions form the forum too, before backing up a movie.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=52539

There are a few other things it does as well, it allows you to create ISO files of a Blu-ray (or DVD) as a backup so you have your movie in case the dog chews up the original.

Speed Menu feature - This removes all the Trailers, FBI warnings and other annoying things and takes you right to the movie files. I like it because I don't have to sit there for 10 minutes waiting for it to start.