CyberLink Community Forum
No Audio in Produced Movie with PowerDirector 10  XML
Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
krob83

I am running Powerdirector 10 on a new Dell Windows 7 laptop with 8 GB RAM. I have put together a video using a number of photos and mp3 music. The music plays in preview mode during the edit process and everything looks good. But when I produce the movie and then run the resulting .mov file, the video plays but there is NO audio. Can anyone give me any suggestions to try to fix the problem?? Many Thanks!
Carl312

Senior Contributor

krob83 wrote:I am running Powerdirector 10 on a new Dell Windows 7 laptop with 8 GB RAM. I have put together a video using a number of photos and mp3 music. The music plays in preview mode during the edit process and everything looks good. But when I produce the movie and then run the resulting .mov file, the video plays but there is NO audio. Can anyone give me any suggestions to try to fix the problem?? Many Thanks!

MP3 audio has been a problem for some editors on their systems. If you have the latest build of PD 10 (1129b) you have less problems.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

The sure way is to convert your MP3 audio to WAV or WMA files and use WAV or WMA in place of the MP3 files.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/03/2012 08:43:26

Windows 7 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB,WD 1TB HD C free space greater than 100GB
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
Not responsible for any harm that may come to your wallet
krob83

Thanks very much for the prompt reply. I am using the latest 1129b version of PD10 and have now tried MP3, M4A, WAV and WMA, all of which are listed in the audio formats supported. None of them will play in the final produced movie. However they all play during preview in the edit mode. Do you hvae any other thoughts? Is there a setting in PD10 that I need to activate to allow audio to be included in the final produced movie? Or should it automatically be included in the final movie file? Thanks for the help.
ynotfish

Senior Contributor

Hi krob83 -

Oh - in that case it's a much wider issue than the one you originally mentioned. As Carl said, there have been problems with MP3 files in PD9 & PD10 reported over & over in the forums.

Yes - audio should be present in the produced file, by default. If it's present in the editing phase it should be in the produced file!

Of course, you've checked that the audio track has NOT been muted or disabled somehow. Yes? When you produce a video clip that has its own audio stream, does the produced file contain audio?

Run a test with the sample file - Nature.mpg - drop it in & produce it. Audio present?

Could you (a) attach a sample audio clip you've used (MP3) & (b) use MediaInfo to generate a report on one of your problem produced files, then attach the report? That information would help narrow the issue.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

krob83

Thanks. It must have something to do with my media player on my laptop. When I import the produced movie into PD10, it plays audio just fine when played in PD10. But there is no audio present when i play the movie with Windows media player. the problem is identical with the nature.mpg sample file as well as my produced movies. does this interpretation sound correct? the audio is not muted on my media player, I checked that
ynotfish

Senior Contributor

Your media player obviously has no trouble playing other files (not produced in PD) or you wouldn't be posting here. Yes?

Have you tried the produced files in a different media player? VLC? WMP? MPC? Splash? DivX Player?

Once you can post that other information, members will be better able to assist.

Cheers - Tony

krob83

Thanks for all of the help. The problem appears to be associated with playing .mov produced movie files with the Windows media player on Windows 7. I used the h.264 movie format and it works just fine. I will just that format. All of the audio formats seem to work when produced with h.264. Thanks again!
ynotfish

Senior Contributor

Anyone who's reading this -

.MOV format - missing audio in produced file &/or timeline
.MP3 format - distortion, missing audio, PD crashing
.MPEG-2 DVD HQ - produced file problems in certain circumatances

These are becoming consistent themes. Anyone else noticed?

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/03/2012 12:38:02

CubbyHouseFilms

Senior Contributor

ynotfish wrote:Anyone who's reading this -

.MOV format - missing audio in produced file &/or timeline
.MP3 format - distortion, missing audio, PD crashing
.MPEG-2 DVD HQ - produced file problems in certain circumatances

These are becoming consistent themes. Anyone else noticed?

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony

Have I noticed????

I made a giant leap from PD8 to PD10. None of the audio problems existed in PD8, but in PD10 oh boy!

I'm certainly no PC expert, but if I had to guess it must be a 64bit thing.

Oddly enough though my S@@y V@g@s Pro 64bit program works perfect with all of the above mentioned audio files.

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD11 Ultim v2812. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2816. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite: PowerDirector 12 v2816, PhotoDirector 4 v3419, ColorDirector Ultra 1 v3028, AudioDirector 3 v2321

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, HDR TG5E, GoPro 2 Hero, Canon 6D DSLR

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more. Subscribe!
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
Go to: