Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Copy created BRD
DMJ06 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2012 05:20 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I like to create a selfmade BRD with Powerdirector10 as a BRD image, to multiburn. I cannot find any BRD Image file production, or reburn possibility.
When I try to copy a BRD created by Cyberlink Powerdirector 10 with DVDFab 8, I get the message "can't read the BRD" ?
The BRD can be played with Power DVD 11 and standalone Sony BRD player.
My question: How to multicopy my own created BRD with Powerdirector 10
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi DMJ06,
PowerDirector offers at the disk burn stage "Final Output" the option to select the number of copies wanted.

There is also the "Create a Folder" in Final Output where data is written to a folder on one's Hard Drive.

Dafydd
DMJ06 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your quick answer. It's a pitty that I cannot reproduce the BRD anymore, so I only have the BRD created which I like to copy now. I cannot copy the BRD anymore, while it is still a good working BRD.
In the future I like to use a quick method with Powerdirector to produce an Image BRD for reproducing.
[Post New]
Dafydd,

What do you do with:

"There is also the "Create a Folder" in Final Output where data is written to a folder on one's Hard Drive"

I cannot see any facility in PD10 to use this folder at all for making faster copies of a finished project - suggestions??

Paul
ganesha86 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 16, 2012 00:54 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
Do you play the produced file in another player other than Powerdirector?
[Post New]
Actually I want to be able to keep the folder and burn more BD's from it, rather than go through the "authoring" process each time, for each disc, so saving a lot of time, but it looks impossible with PD10, I reckon I have to find another app. which will burn BD from a folder made by PD10.

There "should" be an option to burn from folder as well as project.

Paul
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: My question: How to multicopy my own created BRD with Powerdirector 10

Quote: Actually I want to be able to keep the folder and burn more BD's from it, rather than go through the "authoring" process each time, for each disc, so saving a lot of time, but it looks impossible with PD10, I reckon I have to find another app. which will burn BD from a folder made by PD10.

For a Blu-Ray folder created by PD you can just burn with typical Windows 7 OS via explorer drag and drop. WIN7 by default supports UDF2.5 (Blu-Rays required format) so just drag the contents of PD's "My Video" folder, folders "CERTIFICATE" and "BDMV" to the disc. Play in Blu-Ray capable player, PS3 or others.

You can also use many of the free or purchased disc burn software to perform the function too.

Jeff
[Post New]
Thanks, good point !

Paul
DMJ06 [Avatar]
[Post New]
By not having the given directory anymore, I copied the BRD with Nero 9 creating an image.nrg file to burn to a new BRD.
The process was successful !

Thanks for all the information.