Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
error code 0102
STEVEC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2012 08:31 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Just purchased and installed powerdvd ultimate 12 and while watching movies the payer stops working and gives me an error code of 0102.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
STEVEC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just to add a PowerDDVD screen comes up and states PowerDVD 12 has stopped working. When I check online for a solution and close the program is when a message comes back and states and 0102 error.
flogger123 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 24, 2012 08:22 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
This is usually caused by a flashplayer module. Try to install the latest flash player plugin.
STEVEC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the mail. Already tried deleting the old and reinstalling the flash player. Look forward to any other ideas.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

to better understand it is important to post a minumum of information.

Please check the PowerDVD 12 must have read thread - thanks.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
STEVEC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Information as requested.

PowerDVD full Version: 12.0.1312.54
PowerDVD SR Number DVD110722.02
PowerDVD TR Number TR20118.044
Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Bit Version
I have full administrator rights
MY PowerDVD is a Retail product
Used DVI via a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 using version 285.62 drivers
Used Audio device: Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Fatality champion series.
Used Audio device driver version 2.17.0008.
The Audio setting in PowerDVD and in OS 6 speaker
Used ODD drive (full model name and Firmware Version)
1. LG HL DT ST BR RH BH10Ls30 firmware 1.01
2. Sony DDU16815 fireware 1.06
Used Display(s) Iiyama E2607WS times 2
Which kind of display connection DVI
Whcih Display refresh rate do you use while Playback 50
I am using dual monitor environment
I am using extended mode
(3D only) Please provide detail info about 3D setting in PowerDVD N/A
What kind of Antivirus SW are you using: Microsoft security essentials
Which Internet Browser Software is installed Explorer version 9
Do you use virtual ODD (e.g Daemon Tools)no
The detailed issue description
While watching a move PowerDVD stops working and gives me an 0102 error.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
48 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
891 time(s)
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
suggest to set the resolution to 1920x1080 and/or switch to HDMI connection.

some display/VGA can not support 1920x1200 with HDCP

Werde Facebook Fan
STEVEC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael,

My resolution works well at 1920x1200 with HDCP what difference will a HDMI connection make when I'm using DVI.

I had PowerDVD 11 without any issues so look forward to some other ideas.

Thank you

Steve
[Post New]
Hi,

please contact the technical support

br

Werde Facebook Fan
SPT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 07, 2012 15:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I also seem to be having the same issue. It seems to be coming from the Library searching the HardDrives. Maybe a file type, I'm not sure. out of nowhere powerdvd 12 stops and says "Error code 0102". I tend to use higher quality file types like Flac and MKV. some of the MKV files ranging up into the 12GB file size so I'm wondering if those maybe the problem. PowerDVD Error software takes a report and sends that to Tech support so hopefully i'll eventually get s a reply.

I'm not sure how to get the version INFO like posted above but all the PowerDVD software is current and updated as well as the Windows Updates
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
31 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
829 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 07. 2012 16:03

Joshua [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 04, 2012 15:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Any luck? I'm having this same issue.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Any luck? I'm having this same issue.

Please post the dxdiag.exe information on your computer. At least Part B but the information on your version Part A would be helpful also. Go here:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Kurgen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2012 04:57 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Was this ever resolved? I'm having the same problem, and I'm curious about SPT's mentioning the media library - I wanted to know if there's any way to exclude folders from its search, i.e. photos?
JCooke518123456789 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Albany, NY Joined: Aug 26, 2013 19:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am using PowerDVD 9 and am having the same exact issue. Funny thing is I am trying to watch a movie that I had just watched last night without any problems, now I can't even play it because of ERROR CODE = 0102.

So it's not a problem given to just one version of PowerDVD.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
A lot of questions with little information. It is hard to try to score a goal without knowing the playing field; i.e. suggest a solution when there is no information about the computers or updates or anything else.

If you Google for that code, you'll find that it is common with XBox 360. Are any of you using that? If you read more deeply into it, there is some mention about memory issues. Have any of you checked your memory for errors? Are any of you running computers that might have some overheating issues or laptops that are set to conserve energy?

There are free memory checkers. Windows has one but it does not stress the memory. Google for one that will run at least overnight.

Make sure your computers are "clean" you can carefully blow out the inside of desktop with canned dry air. You can use a laptop cooler if you have a laptop. You might want to use the free 'Speccy" to see what your temperatures are being reached.

If any of you are using laptops, make sure you have the power saver turned off.

JCook (with numbers). Since this just happened to you overnight, use Windows restore to see if some update caused the problem. Restore your computer to a time when the program was working correctly (yesterday?). Perhaps you remember what updates/new software installation that you made that MIGHT have caused the problem.

If you guys are serious about answers, start your own thread and provide the information requested for part A and Part B (as above)

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.