Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Motion Tracking in PD9
MikeD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 29, 2012 11:01 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a tutorial on how to do motion tracking in PD 9? I haven't been able to find anything so far...any help is appreciated.

Thanks! Mike D
140Entertainment
Lexington, KY
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is there a tutorial on how to do motion tracking in PD 9? I haven't been able to find anything so far...any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

You mean you want to highlight the actions?

Tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DsgWu3bMtM

It was made in Powerdirector 8, still applies to PD 9.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

MikeD [Avatar]
[Post New]
In this case, what I'm hoping there is a way to do, is when shooting against a green screen, when it's necessary to move the camera, be able to lock down whatever background, etc., so that it doesn't move with the camera. I have a scene where the subject is sitting at a table, then stands up quickly to deliver a line to the other person in the scene.

I need to be able to lock down the background so it doesn't move when the camera does...and I'm hoping I'm explaining this correctly lol ... it sounds a bit confusing as I'm typing Mike D
140Entertainment
Lexington, KY
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mike

If you're shooting using a correctly lit green or blue screen (there's hundreds of YT tutorials on how to light a green screen) there shouldn't be a need to "lock down the background".

1. In PD insert your green screen video with actors props etc

2. Insert your background on another track - still backgrounds work best eg a photo of the Eiffel Tower.

3. Open up your green screen in video and the PIP designer will open and use the Chroma Key to 'key' out the green and leave a clear background.

The 'actor' in this clip (25 sec mark) was standing in front of a green bedroom wall!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfvq4zVnj5w&list=UUDQAvN9YTKzgXZLqfIdBuuA&index=2&feature=plcp

Happy editing

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 31. 2012 00:22

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

MikeD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Greetings!

Thank you so much for the reply and information...I believe I may have incorrectly explained what I'm attempting to do..I was mentioning locking down the background, when I meant lock down the camera. It has been my understanding, that unless you can do some sort of motion tracking, if you move the camera while shooting against green screen, whatever image you replace it with, will move as well.

I want to do a hand-held shot of my subject at the desk...I'd be kneeling in front of the desk shooting him at an angle, then when he suddenly raises up from the seated position, I'll follow him with the camera...if this is shot against a green screen, wouldn't the background image we drop in move with any camera movements I make?

I apologize if I am not explaining this correctly...some of the terminology eludes me at times when I'm attempting to do something I've never done before.

Thank you!! Mike D
140Entertainment
Lexington, KY