Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HP OEM activation code for Power Director 8.0?
WildBill999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 30, 2012 01:54 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Folks:

I made a mistake when purchasing the upgrade to PD 10. Ultra HD at the $63.95 price.

First, I had not registered my Media Suite software as it is registered to HP...

Then, I used the wrong site to purchase the upgrade.

So, when I went to install the upgrade it wanted the original activation code. I called HP support and they said to call Cyber Link and I have sent them a email about my problem.

Now then is there a place in my system where the activation codes are listed?

Hope you can help.

Thanks in advance!
Wild Bill
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Folks:

I made a mistake when purchasing the upgrade to PD 10. Ultra HD at the $63.95 price.

First, I had not registered my Media Suite software as it is registered to HP...

Then, I used the wrong site to purchase the upgrade.

So, when I went to install the upgrade it wanted the original activation code. I called HP support and they said to call Cyber Link and I have sent them a email about my problem.

Now then is there a place in my system where the activation codes are listed?

Hope you can help.

This is the registry key on my Windows XP computer.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDirector\8.0]

"CDKey"="The CD Key on the disk envelope is here" I deleted mine.
"Version"="8.0"

Good luck.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

WildBill999 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Carl:

Hi. Thanks for the info I will look into this option soon.

Thanks in advance!
Wild Bill
WildBill999 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Carl: I looked through the registry entries but no luck. This did not come on a CD. It just shows the URL's for the upgrade paths.

I have Win 7.

Will wait and see what Cyberlink says.

Thanks in advance!
Wild Bill
SeniorAmer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2012 12:40 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have exactly the same issue ,,,still waiting for CyberLink response regarding it