Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDvd 10 wont play Blue Ray anymore
furious82 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 24, 2012 23:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I successfully played a blue ray disc before (several months ago) but tried again last night and i keep getting the "Internal error 80040256". I have played around with the settings but have had no luck to get this dvd to play. I will play a regular dvd with no issues.

PowerDVD Version 10.0
Version Type: BD-OEM 2ch+2ch
SR #: DVD110707-15
TR #: TR110822-064

How can I fix this issue? I have searched the site for that error code and see that there was a patch released. However, when I click on the link provided it just brings me to the a list of several dozen updates for different versions of PowerDVD and I dont know which one I have.

This version was preinstalled on my HP laptop that I bought last year running Windows 7.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 25. 2012 09:41

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please check this thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

please also check if there are any updates advertised in the application (the white Arrow in blue circle)

please only install updates advertised from the application and not the updates from websit.

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
ganesha86 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 16, 2012 00:54 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
Open PowerDVD 10 Ultra and click on tools(hammer & Screwdriver symbols to the left of the play button),select Blu-ray then select the disc region and click ok.
flogger123 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 24, 2012 08:22 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
You can also try to reinstall it and check the updates before installing in the future.

Hope this helps.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
can you please post the BD advisor log file:

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/bd-support/diagnosis.do

thanks
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan