Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to Activate PowerDirector 10 via the Trial Version.
TwillightSun218 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2011 03:21 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Allow me to start with a brief of my current situation:

My friend, who does a lot of video editing self-employed, recently received two in-store-purchased copies of Cyberlink PowerDirector 10 (one of them Ultra, the other being Deluxe), as a Christmas present. He installed and activated the Deluxe version for himself, but had been looking to sell off the Ultra version for anyone who was seeking it.

Now, I had a full version of PowerDirector 8, but have been looking to get 10 because I preferred to have the Audio Normalization feature. And as such, I purchased the Ultra version off of him for a fraction of the retail price.

Here is my issue: the activation code I received with it appears to be brand new and fine, but the installation CD that came along with the software appears to be damaged - as I cannot get it to read on my laptop. I already have the trial version of PowerDirector 10 that I installed earlier with approximately 25 days remaining for the trial period. Since I already have the store-purchased activation code for the software, I wish to activate it via the trial version immediately, but cannot figure out how to do so.

I've been told earlier that it will automatically ask for the code once trial period expires, but I do not see a reason to justify waiting nearly a month to use the full features of the software when I have the purchased activation code at hand.
I also read elsewhere that you need to download the full version and install it since it is different from the trial version, but again, I do not know how to obtain the full version given how I do not have a working installation CD.

Can anyone help me here?
TwillightSun218 [Avatar]
[Post New]
P.S. A better question is, what can I do to download and install the full version of CLPD10 (and then enter in the activation code that I have once the dialog box pops up)?
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
TwillightSun,

As far as I know, you cannot activate the trail version.

To install the Ultra version you will have to remove the trial version. You can uninstall through the Control panel.

With a damaged disk you are probably out of luck. As you did not purchase from CyberLink or an authorized reseller, you are not likely to get assistance from customer support. You could try taking it back to the store that it was purchased from and see if they can get you a replacement.

I know this is not the answer you are looking for. Sorry

Hal OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi TwillightSun,

This situation has previously and been discussed on the forum and resolved by CyberLink.

You will however need a copy of the purchase receipt, if you can obtain it from the original purchaser. CyberLink will accept that as proof of ownership and you will also need to provide the CD key. A screen shot of the box with key displayed would be good to provide

If no receipt is available, then as HalCon has stated, you're basically on your own.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
TwillightSun218 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much for your response.

I understand, it is unfortunate but it appears that I have no choice at this point.

I will be in contact with the bloke I purchased it from and attempt to get my money back.