CyberLink Community Forum
PDR10.exe has stopped working  XML
Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
WaterLion

[b]
Hi, giving a shout out for a bit of help.
I recently bought Power Director 10 for a few projects I have going. I bought this program due to its great reviews and apparent quickness.
However, as soon as the program opens up it crashes, stating "PDR10.exe has stopped working"
After waiting on a CyberLink reply I was asked to update the latest patch (1129a), which I did.... It didn't help.

I was also given further instruction if the above failed which was to go into my system and disable the UAC (with easy to use instructions on how to do so).... This also failed and now I'm at my wits end with this software.

Can anyone Pleeaaassssse offer me a solution to this headache
Bubba in TX

Senior Contributor

YOU MUST have quicktime installed and the very latest update to start with. We need more info....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/12/2011 08:45:19

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

Senior Contributor

As Bubba states.. "more info".

Please look up and provide Part B, see guide: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

We want you to give the diagnostic file as it'll reveal the data and information we'll need to assist you further.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/12/2011 10:52:42

For more information click the links given here:
PowerDirector Video Editor = 2,2.5,3,4,5,5P,6,7,8,9,10,11 Ultimate Suite, Ultimate Suite 2, Director Suite 2.
PowerDirector 12 Image Guides linking image guides on the forum.
Image Editor = One that makes transparent background PNG files is a "must have".
Gif Animation = Creating and converting an animation can give one's video a little "edge".
Check out PowerDVD, PhotoDirector, ColorDirector, AudioDirector & MediaShow
I use the Pixelan plug-ins, (*5) with PowerDirector 12 Click here to visit Pixelan Software.
Started with 8mm splice editing and B&W still image darkroom photography.
Honesty disclosure: CyberLink have provided me their software products at no charge.
WaterLion

[b]Thank you for getting back to me fella's. I really appreciate the help.
Dyfydd, attached is the info from part B.
To me its gobbledeegook, I hope it helps.
Thanks again for your efforts
 Filename bobbyDxDiag.txt.zip [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 8 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  444 time(s)

Bubba in TX

Senior Contributor

Make sure you have quicktime installed and updated...... you have to tell us as it normally does not show in the Dxdiag. THAT is a absolute must thing to have. Your Dxdiag shows that although you do not have a super computer, it should at least run PD10 even though your integrated video card is not the greatest. PD9 and PD10 is a new generation of Power Director. It takes "more" to make the beast run.

Has PD10 run for you at all yet? I cannot over stress the quicktime requirement.....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/12/2011 17:51:08

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
WaterLion

Bubba, installed quicktime player, re-installed PD10 and its working. Thanks very much for taking the time to help a clueless guy, and for the added advice. Very much appreciated.

thanks guys

Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
Go to: