Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I stop PD from starting automatically WHENEVER I insert just about anything into a USB Port??
crm38 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2011 09:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
If I plug an external portable hide drive into a USB port PD automatically starts up even when I don't want to use it. It takes a long time before I can close it down. I want to start PD when I need to use it ONLY.
[Post New]
Hello crm38,

That's probably happening because of how your AutoPlay settings are done. It's not an adjustable setting in PhD's preferences.

Go to Control Panel > Auto Play to set your preferences. Check under Pictures - it's probably set to "Turn photos into masterpieces using PhD 2011". Select "Ask me every time" or "Take no action"

At the top (in Win7), you can check/uncheck whether you want AutoPlay to function for media & devices.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
crm38 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2011 09:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
That did it. Thank you.
[Post New]
Just wanted to report it's still valid on Windows 10 1903 (yes, you can still open old Control Panel with detailed options typing "Control Panel" in Search/Cortana...):

Open the Control Panel, and from the “icons view”, click the “AutoPlay” icon.

Autoplay in Control Panel on Win 10

And disable PowerDVD for whatever you want:

AutoPlay details

Pics courtesy of https://www.howtogeek.com/236241/how-to-enable-disable-and-customize-autoplay-in-windows-10/