Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to edit MPEG-2 ts file recorded by SAGEMCOM RTI90-320 T2 HD PVR
Laszlo65 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Croydon, United Kingdom Joined: Sep 18, 2011 09:50 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Experts,

I wanted to edit an MPEG-2 ts file, a recorded DVB TV program file, recorded with my SAGEMCOM RTI90-320 T2 HD Freeview Digital TV Recorder.
When I wanted to import this file the Power Director 9 stopped working correctly and the Windows 7 closed the program.
Due to the recent upgrade of this SAGEMCOM PVR`s software a company uploaded a software converter what I used for the conversion of the original MPEG-2 ts file. Unfortunately Power Director doesn`t allow to import any of these files: nor the converted neither the original one.
Because of the message of no Rich video information in this file I tried to detect scenes first but but PD stopped working.

I am using Power Director 9 version 9.0.0.3305.

I read some topics in this forum earlier but couldn`t find a solution for this problem.

I reinstalled my Windows 7 once and a Power Director 9 at least 3 times as well, upgraded the Nvidia GPU drivers and installed some codec softwares suggested in this forum earlier but I am still experiencing this problem.

I bought a new laptop - SAMSUNG RV511 Intel Core i5 CPU M 480 @ 2.67GHz + 6GB RAM and a new Power Director 9 Ultra64 in August and wanted to utilise them.

Would anybody has a good idea how to edit these MPEG-2 ts files in Power Director 9? Is it allowed by PD?

Thank you for your help.
Laszlo65 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Croydon, United Kingdom Joined: Sep 18, 2011 09:50 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, I left the attachments but was unable to upload my files to the suggested ftp server.
 Filename
Laszlo65_10-10-2011_DxDiag-64.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
7 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
635 time(s)
[Thumb - Laszlo65_PD 9 has stopped working - Windows close the program - MPEG-3.jpg]
 Filename
Laszlo65_PD 9 has stopped working - Windows close the program - MPEG-3.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
92 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
259 time(s)
 Filename
Laszlo65_10-10-2011_DxDiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
8 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
400 time(s)
Rocket-Scientist
Senior Member Location: HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA Joined: Apr 23, 2010 10:14 Messages: 288 Offline
[Post New]
My first quess would be that the upgrade to the DVR software implimented a form of HDCP on the content.

PowerDirector will not import most copyright protected video streams. It does not matter if the video is actually HDCP protected, only that PD9 "thinks" it is.

Hollywood is very aggressive in protecting their interests in commercial films and TV shows, they may have forced SAGEMON to change their encoding. If SAGEMON software can play it back, but you can not edit it, then suspect HDCP. RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
(2 NVME 2TB, 1 SSD 2TB, 3SATA 18TB )
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI MB
RYZEN 7 3700X 8-CORE , 64 GB DDR4
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU
Laszlo65 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your valuable comments Rocket-Scientist.

I didn't know anything about HDCP but it could be a real reason why SAGEMCOM PVR box software doesn't allow me to cut a recorded files/tv programs.

I tried to open various length of files in PD9 and noone of them contained any scenes thus I couldn't trim or split them. Files longer then 30 minutes recording time (app. 750 MB) caused the total crash of PD9.

Anyway, I've already bought an alternative cutter software which works fine with a recorded DVB TV programs.

Many thanks for your advice and good luck.