Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youcam is completely dark! Please help
Hello [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2011 23:33 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
No matter how much I adjust the contrast, brightness, etc... the screen is dark. It didn't use to be like. Is there a reset button somewhere? I have already uninstalled and even reinstalled the program and even went from version 3.5 to 4. screen is still black
Elaine2440 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2011 04:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I also have this problem I have done a recovery from backup discs and still the screen has like a dark filter not displying as previously
Zhamilya [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 09, 2011 09:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
So, what should we do?
dps [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2011 15:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: So, what should we do?

I too am facing the same problem...webcam totally dark....tried to do all the settings available in contrast, exposure...etc

very frustrating...

I dont know what are the forum moderators doing....pls reply soon.

thanks in anticipation

Tyomni [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 12, 2011 12:31 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
The YouCam software is not guilty, this problems occur when when Your webcam is broken.
Holly [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2011 10:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
My laptop is 2 days old. I was getting a somewhat pixelated look to my video. When I tried to adjust the settings YouCam when dark. Now, no matter what settings I change it remains dark and will not reset back to default. Has anyone gotten any help on this yet?
Ron2720 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2011 22:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, You Cam 3.5 went dark. I called HP and the support person walked me through some steps. He gave me settings that brigthened the image. Problem seems related to Exposure in the Advanced/Camera settings. Setting it to -2 brightens the image. Trouble for me is that the settings do not get saved after I close the program. When I reopen the program the image is dark and all the settings seem as if they have been saved. If click on the Auto box for Advanced/Camera/Expousre and then remove the Auto check mark, then the image gets bright once more.

Here are the settings that work for me and nothing is set to Auto.

Brightness 127
Contrast 25
Hue 0
Saturation 50
Sharpness 2
Gamma 299
White Balance 2800
BC 0
Gain 100
Frequency 60
marlies1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2012 06:57 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
i had the same ...webcam dark, i have tryed your setting and its lighter now.
but have a constant flicker ever seens i got this laptop.
kate [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 07, 2012 13:59 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
didn t work for me , i have the same problem .. this webcam is a piece of crap
Jesus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2012 13:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem and no way to fix it.... spoke to the currys guys but they can't fix it......
Lupe1984 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2012 05:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Most likely it is a driver problem if it wont allow you to adjust settings. These are the steps that will alow you to fix the problem. Total estimated time is about 2hrs. Print these instructions out BEFORE you begin.
1. You will need to do a factory reset which will take your computer back to when you first turned it on out the box so save all of your files and anything important such as programs and what not. THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR HP users. It may vary with other brands but its along the same lines. You can pretend to go through the insturctions to see if you find all the labels Im talking about first.

2. CLick start. In seaarch type "manager". Click on device manager. Then under "sounds, video and game controller" you will find your webcam device driver. Right click and select uninstall

3. Then you want to click start and then type "recovery". Click on "recovery manager" . Then you want to click on system recovery. This process will take some time so be prepared.

4. Then follow your setup steps as if you just got your computer out of the box and your webcam should be working fine now!

Hope this helps. If not then you will need to uninstall youcam and reinstall it but the first steps should fix it!
Paige [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2012 21:27 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I fixed it by going to edit the settings, hitting "Advanced" and then switching to "Camera Control" instead of "Video Proc Amp" at the top. Then I put the Exposure all the way to the right and hit auto, then hit okay.
Lee Hyun [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 08, 2013 16:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR CAMERAS!

1. On the tool bar you see on the right, click "video enhancement"

2. Click last button 'Advanced'

3. A pop-up will open up and you will be opened to 'Video Proc Amp' . To the right of it you will see 'camera control'

4.BE SURPRISED FOR THE CHANGE when you click the tick box of 'Low light compensation'

5. click apply, and voila! you're done!

I would have loved to include screen shots but i dont know how to do that here.

Basant [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 13, 2016 13:40 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Click on ball icon before the setting icon

Then click on Advanced setting

Then click on camera setting

Then click the auto check box in front of Exposure
[Thumb - 20160713_231437.jpg]
 Filename
20160713_231437.jpg
[Disk]
 Description