I've found the issue for you [and me]!
It's because PD8 didn't save your project correctly, or when it opened the project, PD8 *believed* it couldn't find the movie clip.
To confirm you have the same issue save me: Your movie timeline looks great with transitions, effects etc, but the video clips are black. Correct?
If you're new to computers, it may take a while to fix, but you can get your movies back!
To fix this issue:
I'm using Windows 7, but this will be the same in XP.
1) Make sure you can see the extension of the files your using, by unchecking "hide extensions for known file types". In your windows folder: Alt+T > Folder options > "View" tab > Uncheck "hide extensions for known file types" > Ok
2) Make a copy of your .pds project file. [Click and drag into a white space in your windows folder]
3) Open your .pds file in notepad:
A) [Right click the .pds file > Open with > Notepad.] If you can't find notepad in the list:
B) [Right click the .pds file > Open with > Choose default program > "Notepad" [you may need to click the little down arrow on the right to show all the programs] > Uncheck "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file." > OK]
4) Notepad is opened and you can see a lot of text! I suggest you don't try to read it all!
*** Do not add any new lines or spaces, because you may destroy this file! ***
5) Let's check you have the same issue as me. Search for IDREF="-1" [Ctrl+F > IDREF="-1" > Enter]
6) If you find one great! The text around the "-1" should look like this:
CLIP ID="6" IDREF="-1" NAME="Try 2 with BAT.TOD" START="249...
"Try 2 with BAT.TOD" is the name of the black video clip! Now, we just need to change the -1 to the video's ID. Easy! But, what *is* the video's ID?
7) Go to the top of notepad [Ctrl+home]
Search for your video clip in the media library. [Ctrl+F > Try 2 with BAT.TOD > Enter]
You should find something like this:
VIDEOOBJECT ID="3" SRC="D:\My Videos\BAT 100411\Try 2 with BAT.TOD|0000" NAME="Try 2 w...
You can see the ID! It's "3"!
9) Go back to your -1. [Ctrl+F > IDREF="-1" > Enter]
10) Make sure it's the same one and the movie clip name is the same. Change the "-1" to "3"! Easy!
11) Check it worked by testing it in PD8. [Save [Ctrl+S] *** don't close notepad ***; and double-click the .pds file]. Can you see your clip instead of the "black clip"?
Close your PD8.
12) Return to notepad. Look for another IDREF="-1 [F3]
13) Repeat from step 6!