Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrade Failure to YouCam 5 Deluxe from v.3-4 (Download version)
RFNAPLES [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Durham, North Carolina, USA Joined: Aug 08, 2011 19:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Setup cannot install the upgrade! It says my system must have the previous version of YouCam installed. I have version 3.5.1.3922 (BE), SR number: YUC110429-01 installed and registered. YouCam came installed on my HP Pavilion dm4. I accepted your email offer of 7/30 to upgrade, you accepted my VISA payment. Now I need help in installing your software. You should have free telephone installation support! Been over 48 hours since first request for email support. Refuse to pay more for telephone support than for the product itself.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11. 2011 22:25

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
thanks for informing us - we are checking your symptoms now

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
RFNAPLES [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Durham, North Carolina, USA Joined: Aug 08, 2011 19:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Michael, your customer service department/personnel need improvement. First they requested a scrn prt to confirm the error message I already told them I received. Now they are requesting another SR number claiming the one I already gave you was in the wrong format even though it is exactly as reported by the software. I have sent a srn prt of the SR.

I expect an immediate fix, or a complete program, or a complete refund within 24 hours. Please learn to treat your customers with respect, value their time, and provide quick resolutions. It is bad enough that you don't provide free installation telephone support.

Question ID = CS001046427

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11. 2011 22:15

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

can you please doubl check the SR-Number - the number you provided does not exist!

the SR-Number is not the Serial number it is internal refernce number to identify the build.

maybe you can post the snapsho of the about box - it shows both Version and SR.

We can reproduce the issue with one specific build and work to provide a solution!

BR
Michael

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 12. 2011 03:12

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
RFNAPLES [Avatar]
[Post New]
Once again I have version 3.5.1.3922 (BE), SR number: YUC110429-01 installed and registered; and YouCam 5 Deluxe from v.3-4 (Download version) upgrade fails. There are no software boxes involved since the original came installed on my HP Pavilion dm4 and the upgrade is a download version. I supplied images of both the error message and the about page (version and SR number) already to your "service" people but include them again as attachments here.

Running out-of-tme and patience. Fix upgrade, provide complete program or refund now.
[Thumb - SR prt sc.png]
 Filename
SR prt sc.png
[Disk]
 Description
about page showing version and SR
 Filesize
543 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
557 time(s)
[Thumb - prt sc.png]
 Filename
prt sc.png
[Disk]
 Description
error message
 Filesize
988 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
520 time(s)
RFNAPLES [Avatar]
[Post New]
The CyberLink Customer Support team finally sent me the complete program which installed with only one glitch. It appears to be successfully running. Thank you for your assistance. Hopefully you can get the upgrade install to work properly so others won't go through the same hassles in the future.