CyberLink Community Forum
Error 80040256 when trying to play a blu ray disc  XML
Forum Index » Check whether your PC is ready to play Blu-ray Discs and 3D Content
deep phr33ze

I am having problems playing a blu ray disc in my player. I have cyberlink dvd 9.5 (what came with my computer) and when I try to play the movie, it trys to load and then just goes to the cyberlink dvd player. If I click the play button it says "Loading Blu-ray Disc" and just stops. If I click play again it will ask if I want to Resume or Restart and then I get Error Code 80040256 Internal error.

I have updated my blu ray drive's firmware to the latest version. The drive is PLDS BD-RE DH-8B2SH Firmware version SD11.

I also ran the Cyberlink BD & 3D Advisor and everything passed but the Graphics Card is Unknown. I have an AMD Radeon HD 6700 graphics card. I have read that it says unknown because the card is newer than the software. Will that matter when trying to play a movie?

Has anyone had to Error 80040256? or any ideas on how to fix it?? Any help will be appreciated.. Thanks!
[Thumb - cyberlink error.jpg]
 Filename cyberlink error.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 23 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  672 time(s)

deep phr33ze

The problem is gone. I upgrade to Cyberlink 11 software and it plays just fine.

Forum Index » Check whether your PC is ready to play Blu-ray Discs and 3D Content
Go to: