Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I need help with editing a file.
Shawmeck123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2011 09:12 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I am trying to edit a .MPEG-4 video file I made that has a part that I wanted to cut out. After removing this part, Power director 9 wants me to re encode the (now two separate files) it into one, using one of its listed formats, under the produce screen. So if I opted to re encode it to an .MPEG-4 again, the file size will become much larger and the quality would be slightly worse. I think this is because it is trying to improve the original file with better resolution and bit rates. Is there a way to just cut the part out that I don't want and have the same file be the same size and quality without having to re encode it (to avoid a larger file size)?

Thank you for your help.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Information we request to help you.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Parts A, B, and E.

If you split a video, you have to remove the part you do not want to keep.

you split the video at the start of the part to remove and at the end of the part you want to remove.
Delete or remove that unwanted part. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Shawmeck,

this might be a case where my English is coming short, because I do not really understand
what you mean. But- I right now see that Carl has responded to you.
Carl says
you split the video at the start of the part to remove and at the end of the part you want to remove.
Delete or remove that unwanted part.

which is the way to go. If you want the "leftovers" to be 1 file again, you have to produce it.
When producing a new file - of the now 2 parts- should not give you a file with less quality.
You will have to choose your "parameters" for production from drop-down menu,- and even
here you can edit the template. So if you want your file to be produced with the same bitrates and
resolution as your original, you fill that in.

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Shawmeck123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
PART A
PowerDirector 9 Ultra 64 v9.0.0.2316

Part B
see attached files.

Filename
Shawmeck123.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Dxdiag
 Filesize
38 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
148 time(s)
 Filename
Shawmeck64bit run.txt
[Disk]
 Description
64bit test of Dxdiag
 Filesize
49 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
157 time(s)
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
There have been a number of newer releases/patches so an update might be useful. http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

As Nina indicated you may need to customise an .mp4 template to get the best results. Unfortunately there is no way in PD just to cut and dump sections of your file and then "save" it in it's original format. You can do a google search for ".mp4 splitter" and see if there are any 3rd party utilities available.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Shawmeck123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Shawmeck,

this might be a case where my English is coming short, because I do not really understand
what you mean. But- I right now see that Carl has responded to you.
Carl says
Delete or remove that unwanted part.

which is the way to go. If you want the "leftovers" to be 1 file again, you have to produce it.
When producing a new file - of the now 2 parts- should not give you a file with less quality.
You will have to choose your "parameters" for production from drop-down menu,- and even
here you can edit the template. So if you want your file to be produced with the same bitrates and
resolution as your original, you fill that in.

Hello 1Nina, thank you for your response. I think you understand what my request is. I have a file that I want to cut a part off, this task is simple and has been completed already. Now I have the original file separated into two parts, back to back. The only way to put these two parts together is to "produce" them. However, when I try to produce the new shorter video, the file size is almost twice as large, furthermore the quality is not as clear.

The original file is as follows:

File type MP4
Type H264 AVC
Original duration: 00;56;20;07
Bitrate: 6.73 Mbps
Resolution: 1920x1080
Frame rate 29.97 fps
Aspect Ratio: 16:9

Audio _________
Type AAC
Sampling rate 48kHz
Bitrate 384Kbps
Channel: Stereo

So to clarify, how do I "produce" this edited file so that it maintains the same quality and size as the original posted above?
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again,

I attach images that show how to customize templates.
Hope that can take you further.

Nina

Edit:
You may want to choose the production within the tab H.264 AVC.....?
Procedure for customizing will be the same.
[Thumb - produce2.PNG]
 Filename
produce2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
47 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
157 time(s)
[Thumb - produce1.PNG]
 Filename
produce1.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
52 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
168 time(s)
[Thumb - produce3.PNG]
 Filename
produce3.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
84 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
145 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 06. 2011 11:59

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Shawmeck123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Alright, so I made a custom profile and was able to recreate the same file as close to the original size as possible, thank you all for your assistance.

Nela [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2011 16:16 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have used your instructions above to help me transfer one part of already edited footage and attach it to another project. However, when I tried to produce this new project and tried to play it back, the video played only until the point where I attached the previously edited footage. After this point the sound was still heard, but the video seems to have got stuck.

So to make it clearer: I have created a video project, that I then produced into an mp4 format. Then I uploaded this into the library of another project and attached to to this other project. The section I am taliking about, ended up in effect being produced twice and then it seem to have failed.

What I am trying to do is use an already edited project to attach it to another one.

Can you advise me on how to do this?

Thanks