Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu-ray disc not supported.
mikelynas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2011 21:04 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have a blu-ray burner on a new pc (PLDS DVDRWBD DH012E3SDD12). When I try to burn a blu-ray disc with PD9 I get an error message "This disc type not supported." I'm using a blank 25 GB disc from Verbatim 6x. In my burn settings I have
recording speed to 3. Disc info reads that "This disc is blank." I've updated PD9 to the most recent build.

I would appreciate any help/suggestions in this matter.

Thanks,
-Mike
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
What version of PD, Deluxe or Ultra64? Deluxe does not support BD buring.

Jeff
mikelynas [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ultra 64
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Describe your steps and include a snapshot of the Create Disc window so we can see what you are doing and maybe we can see something.

Jeff
mikelynas [Avatar]
[Post New]
At the create disc window I selected the files to burn to disc. I previewed it. I selected the blu-ray disc selection (25 GB), then I selected burn. The first time I selected the burn speed from 8 to 3 (only selections available). The the selections changed to 8 and 4. Tried a third time and now the only selection available is 2 speed.

The format and quality settings are H.264 and HD 1940x1080 respectively.

-Mike
[Thumb - Disk type not supported..JPG]
 Filename
Disk type not supported..JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
317 time(s)
[Thumb - Burn Settings.JPG]
 Filename
Burn Settings.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
25 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
318 time(s)
[Thumb - Create disc window.JPG]
 Filename
Create disc window.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
173 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
346 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry to ask a stupid question, are you sure it's a BD burner? I have not been real successfully finding detailed specs on your optic drive. From what I find it would appear it might be a PLDS DH-12E3S which I find is only a BD-ROM device, i.e. it can play BD's but not write them.

Jeff
mikelynas [Avatar]
[Post New]
I checked and you're absolutely correct, it is read only BD. I just bought the system from Dell and I thought I had selected a BD burner but either I didn't or they got the configuration wrong. I'll have to check.

Anyway, I really appreciate your help and your quick replies.

-Mike