Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lost activation code for power director 8
John6419 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 05, 2011 16:27 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
My puter was attacked by a virus, requiring me to format the hard drive and reload everything. When I got to the Power Director 8 reload I was unable to find my activation code. All I have is the box and CD. How do I get a new one?
Any help greatly appreciated. John
[Post New]
There should be an activation code with your acct. @cyberlink.com.
John6419 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: There should be an activation code with your acct. @cyberlink.com.

Thanks for the reply.
I've looked all over cyberlink.com and its site associated pages, but can't find any link to my account. I've read that there's supposed to be a way to get a new PowerDirector8 activation/reinstall code, but I'm at a total loss as how to do it. John
[Post New]
This is the sign in page. Do you have a sign in name and password?
https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/member/sign-in.do
John6419 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you again. I have no idea how I overlooked the manage my products link.
Since formatting and reloading everything I established a new account using my AT&T email address and a new password. I didn't know I would be needing the activation key code. The PowerDirector8 program will not be under that info. So I tried the old email addy and password. No dice. Don't know why it wouldn't take.
This is getting to be a real ball of spagetti, huh?
Any further suggestions will be appreciated. John
[Post New]
I would contact support--- https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp

Good luck.
John6419 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update:
I managed to get in using my old account data. It appears I never registered the product..or did it wrong. Looks like I'm out of luck. John
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
All I have is the box and CD.

Do you have envelope the CD was packaged in?

The CD Key is on that envelope. It is a sticker on the envelope.

Where did you purchase Powerdirector 8?
If from Cyberlink, they have the CD Key to your purchase.

Did you go to the Manage CD Keys? This link will take you there after you have logged into your old account.
https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/member/service/manage-cdkey-detail.do

If from some other source, not a chance.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 06. 2011 21:20

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

John6419 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Carl,
Thank you very much for the good advice, but I messed up big-time. My fault...or like today's kids say: "My bad".
I bought the program at Amazon.com a couple of years ago, loaded it up and it's worked fine ever since. I like it a lot. Perfectly suits my needs. I even did a Youtube video about it. But it seems I failed to do a proper registration, for which I'm now paying the price. But no matter...it was time to upgrade anyway, so today I bought PowerDirector9. This time I'll be sure not to do a "My bad".

Regards,
John

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 06. 2011 23:52

John
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The registration process is painless, it just takes a click while online with the program.

I think you will enjoy PD9 especially if you have a 64 bit computer. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

John6419 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Carl,
My computer is a 32-bit. Relative to the program, I'm not sure what the differences will be. Check that...I have no idea what the differences will be.
Any additional advice/guidance will certainly be appreciated.

Regards,
John John
Carl312
[Post New]
PD 9 works in 32 bit or 64 bit, depends on what OS you have.

Window 7 is an improvement over Windows XP for reliability. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

John6419 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Carl,
Right now wifey and I are intrenched in the cost-cutting mode. We spend very little, so for now Windows7 is out of the question. It about killed me to spend money on the PowerDirector 9. We've been debt-free for years and intend to stay that way. We of course go without many things, but we do sleep well at night. Sadly, we watch others going through all sorts of painful gyrations to stay financially afloat, but they're all sinking fast.
I received notice that Amazon has shipped the program. I hope to have it Monday.

Regards,
John John
Carl312
[Post New]
John6419

You are not the only person struggling in this economy.

I guess I am pretty lucky, I am not struggling, I have cut back on some spending, but if I want something, I find a way to buy it. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.