Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
.mov clip freeze
calclimber [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2011 13:15 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I am importing .mov files into Power Director 9 and some of the clips stay stuck at the begining of the clip. I can hear some parts of sound. Most of the clips work fine. I just purchased this program and this is very frustrating.
calclimber [Avatar]
[Post New]
I found if I convert the problem mov files to mpeg4 I am able to run and edit them. Out of 20 files I have problems with 6 files. They all work fine as mov on quick time. Any suggestions?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi calclimber,
You haven't given sufficient information, we need more from you please.
1. A diagnostic file of your system, so we can look for a cause and solution.
2. A sample of the mov files 5 to 10 seconds long - we can then test these.
3. Please supply information on the camera source, make and model?

I'm particularly interested in knowing what the source material is from and the bit rate of the video.

For example: A .mov file produced from a Canon 7D will produce a 1080p HD video in excess of 42mbps. While a .mov file from a ContourHD will produce a 1080p HD video with a bitrate of 14.5mbps. The way these two videos perform on a system is very dependent upon the PC being used to edit.

For guides on how to present and attach files please see below.

Thanks
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 24. 2011 06:33

calclimber [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for a response, I am using a Go Pro 1080 HD.
Im not quite sure how to add a five second clip to the response but heres my info.

Data removed- do not copy'n'paste dxdiag data onto a thread.
 Filename
calclimberDXdiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
diagnostic
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
204 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2011 04:07

calclimber [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is a sample video of one of the problem files. Hope it works.
 Filename
Sample.mov
[Disk]
 Description
Video Sample
 Filesize
11230 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
175 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
1. The Sample.mov file. reveals it is a non standard 4:3 file = 1280 x 960 at 29.97fps.
PD recognises it and treats it as a HD file. It will trigger shadow file production if the option is checked in Preferences or selected when a popup confirmation appears in PD9. Note Shadow files need to be created fully BEFORE any editing of the files takes place.

2. Diagnostic File reveals an underpowered computer with insufficient Ram, low powered CPU and a graphics card which will cope with 720p only (1280x720 = HD lite). Your graphic card drivers are [Driver Date/Size: 2/9/2009 14:18:00, 6185088 bytes] out of date.
Increasing the ram on your PC may help. Please look up the Read Me [C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Language\Enu/Readme.htm] for PD9 and see the minimum spec

You're editing HD footage, sorry to be a bearer of this opinion - you need a better computer and operating system.

Dafydd

Filename
SampleGP.txt
[Disk]
 Description
SampleGoPro media info
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
176 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2011 05:30

calclimber [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the response and solution. Looks like I'm getting a new computer. I will post back with positive news.
Thanks again.
calclimber [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just wanted to follow up on my progress. I finally got a new computer and this program is working great. Now I have tons of footage to edit and put to movies. thanks again