Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
IM UNSURE HOW TO SAVE VIDEO???
bestbass42
Member Location: Wolverhampton,England. Joined: Apr 01, 2011 10:22 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
HELP!!! Ive made my video & posted it on youtube. Now how do i save the video so i can view it on my PC??? When you go to the FILE page there are 8 boxes, .AVI; MPEG-1; MPEG-2; H.264 AVC; .WMV; MPEG-4; .MOV; and a musical note. Which one do i click to save the video? Im sure i saved on .AVI but now everytime i click on the PD9 video icon in my videos it starts up on PD9 & the time line files up with all the clips & i can only view it on the rough player screen. I Just want to play the video on the Windows player on my PC & not have to open PD9 to play it. I Would rarther save it in the best quality possible in case i need to burn a DVD copy again.Can anyone help please???

(P.S. I Searched the forum but couldnt find the answer to this question).

Thanks,
Richie. Cyberlink PowerDirector12 Ultra 64bit.

Alienware 18, 4th Gen intel Core i7, Windows 8.1

Apple iMac G5, 9 Years old & slow as a snail!!!

Sony HDR-CX360VE

Sony Cyber-Shot DSCW200.

Nikon D750.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX FQ360.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I believe that the video you posted on Youtube was a 1080 Video, which means that your source is AVC 1920 x 1080.

So produce a H.264 or Mpeg2 AVC at 1920 x 1080, the where to output is the export folder as defined in preferences or you can browse to the location where you want to save the produced Video. That should produce a .m2ts Video.

Always use as close to the original source file types as possible. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Ritchie: Unless it's HD, I would save it as an .mpeg2 file. Actually you PRODUCE it as an .mpeg2 file. Then you can view it on your PC. .AVI files are very large - .mpeg2 is better and just about universally compatible. The file will be called PRODUCE.MPG and will be in the folder with your photos and videos after being produced. Just click on it to play it. Of course, you can rename it before or after production. Hope this helps. Have a great day.

I defer to Carl - he posted while I was composing. Haven't seen your video so didn't know if it was HD. I have only produced SD to date. You are in good hands with Carl.

Regards,
-Phil

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 05. 2011 16:14

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Richie -

The good news is that you've already saved it!

If you used the YouTube uploader (through PD), a produced .WMV file is stored in your selected destination folder. Check in Preferences under File... Export Folder.

If you uploaded manually, it's probably in the same spot.

For viewing on your PC, & to retain quality, it's best to render/produce to the same format as your original video clips.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Richie,
I see you have a Canon 7D listed as one of your cameras. Fine camera and records some super very high resolution HD footage in .mov.

PD. You need to experiment, click buttons and look over the different options available to you. Editors here will direct you to particular sections, however it's a bit like one of your cameras - you have to fiddle and try out all the different components before settling on which action you want to carry out.

The name of the "video game" is to preserve quality footage 'cos you cant improve upon rubbish. Know what you intend to do with the finished footage and select from the options PD presents. Experiment, it's easy.

thanks
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 06. 2011 05:39

bestbass42
Member Location: Wolverhampton,England. Joined: Apr 01, 2011 10:22 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Richie,
I see you have a Canon 7D listed as one of your cameras. Fine camera and records some super very high resolution HD footage in .mov.

PD. You need to experiment, click buttons and look over the different options available to you. Editors here will direct you to particular sections, however it's a bit like one of your cameras - you have to fiddle and try out all the different components before settling on which action you want to carry out.

The name of the "video game" is to preserve quality footage 'cos you cant improve upon rubbish. Know what you intend to do with the finished footage and select from the options PD presents. Experiment, it's easy.

thanks
Dafydd

Thanks Dafydd.
Yes your right,its all about experimenting & then finding out whats right for you.Trial & error is really the only way to work things out unless you've got someone with you showing you what to do.And most of the time you stumble on the good stuff by accident!!!

Yes i have recently brought the Canon 7D although ive yet to use it as i havnt got a lens for it yet! I Previously had the Nikon D300,it was a brilliant camera but had NO automatic-point & shoot mode.Although i used to be a Glamour Photographer back in the early 90's the D300 was way to complicated for me to have to keep messing around with the exposure between each shot in Manual mode.The 7D is the competition for the new Nikon D300s but the 7D has a 'point & shoot' mode & personally i like the camera to do the work!!! Plus you've got the build quality & image quality of a professional camera & all the goodies inside if ever you want to get a bit more technical.I Didnt buy it for the video recording,thats just a bonus really. Trouble is a day after i got my camera the clutch on my car started slipping so ive got to find £2,000 to get that done before i can get a new lens!!!

This is my latest video done on PD9 & now on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCOUgykMcNc

Cheers,

Sony HDR-CX360VE

Sony Cyber-Shot DSCW200.

Nikon D750.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
One of my sons uses a 7D and I'm in awe of the results he gets - he's an outstanding photographer (just for fun). The video off it isn't bad either at 46Mbps but it is a pain to edit.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 06. 2011 08:44

bestbass42
[Post New]
Quote: I believe that the video you posted on Youtube was a 1080 Video, which means that your source is AVC 1920 x 1080.

So produce a H.264 or Mpeg2 AVC at 1920 x 1080, the where to output is the export folder as defined in preferences or you can browse to the location where you want to save the produced Video. That should produce a .m2ts Video.

Always use as close to the original source file types as possible.

Thanks Carl. Trouble is im having dificulty locating the finished & saved video on my PC!!! The only link there is if i click it it just starts up PD9 & loads all the clips on the timeline with the video in view screen. Cyberlink PowerDirector12 Ultra 64bit.

Sony HDR-CX360VE

Sony Cyber-Shot DSCW200.

Nikon D750.

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Carl. Trouble is im having dificulty locating the finished & saved video on my PC!!! The only link there is if i click it it just starts up PD9 & loads all the clips on the timeline with the video in view screen.

Then you must be clicking on the .pds file. the .pds file is the project file, that is the instructions to Powerdirector of all that you did to edit your video.

You want of open the folder that is defined in Preferences on the File tab, the export folder. Your produced file is in that folder. It should have a .m2ts extension.

This tutoial may answer most of your questions. It is about the basics of using Powerdirector 9.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMRIA9_fKDM

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 06. 2011 20:36

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

bestbass42
[Post New]
A Big THANK YOU for all the information from everyone. Ive now managed to locate the files & have moved them over to my videos.

CHEERS!!!
Richie! Cyberlink PowerDirector12 Ultra 64bit.

Sony HDR-CX360VE

Sony Cyber-Shot DSCW200.

Nikon D750.

bestbass42
[Post New]
Quote:
Thanks Carl. Trouble is im having dificulty locating the finished & saved video on my PC!!! The only link there is if i click it it just starts up PD9 & loads all the clips on the timeline with the video in view screen.

Then you must be clicking on the .pds file. the .pds file is the project file, that is the instructions to Powerdirector of all that you did to edit your video.

You want of open the folder that is defined in Preferences on the File tab, the export folder. Your produced file is in that folder. It should have a .m2ts extension.

Thank you Carl. Ive now managed to locate them,they were in inside a powerdiretcor9 folder with 9.0 on it inside my documents!!! PHEW!!! Just watched them on my Windows player,the quality is superb!!!

Thanks again,

Sony HDR-CX360VE

Sony Cyber-Shot DSCW200.

Nikon D750.

Carl312
[Post New]
Thank you Carl. Ive now managed to locate them,they were in inside a powerdiretcor9 folder with 9.0 on it inside my documents!!! PHEW!!! Just watched them on my Windows player,the quality is superb!!!

Richie, You can change the export folder to your choice in Preferences, makes it much easier to find your output.

File tab of Preferences.

Glad you found them. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.