Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error reading setup initialization file
TallKen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2011 09:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,
I am very new to this forum... so bear with me.

I have just purchased DVD Maker2 which came with PowerDirector 8. I could not capture from my analogue camcorder... so I sent a mail to Technical Support - still awaiting a response.

In the mean time I tried to unistall powerDirectot 8 and reinstall again but it will not let me reinstall... It says that PowerDirector is already installed and that it needs to be unistalled but when I click on the relevant button for it to be unistalled, I get this message " Error reading setup initialization file"

Please help!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You need to run the Cyberlink Cleaner.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15688.page

After you run the cleaner (looks like it did nothing, but it did).

Re-install PowerDirector.

The cleaner removes the entry in the registry that tells the computer PowerDirector is installed. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

TallKen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2011 09:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
That did the trick. Thank you very much. I can now capture as well. Thanks!!!!!