Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 9 crashing while producing video for YouTube
toran0x [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2011 13:21 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Edit/update: The project ended up producing and uploading fine. No idea what the issue was, but I noticed my overlay audio wasn't lined up with the start of the video.. moved it a notch to the left and it produced. Extremely odd, but I hope it doesn't happen again.

==============

Hi -

Subject says it all. I had no problems the first few videos, but this one keeps crashing PowerDirector when it starts producing the video.

I just uninstalled it and re-installed - this made no difference. Same error. I tried rendering a previous project and it didn't fail in the first 15 seconds like it does for this one. So it must be related to that specific project? Screenshot of my interface attached if that helps.

Build: 2504

Dxdiag.txt attached

I have an nvidia card (GTX 470) and using the latest drivers here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-266.58-whql-driver.html -- produced movies already with these drivers no problem.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PDR9.exe
Application Version: 9.0.0.2504
Application Timestamp: 4d220481
Fault Module Name: CES_PlugIn.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.0.1.2424
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d1487c9
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000000a91d
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: c223
Additional Information 2: c22314e07acdad9b0d279892f0a1fd39
Additional Information 3: 82bd
Additional Information 4: 82bdd8f6cf1d98334f6238154b6f168f

Thanks.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
289 time(s)
[Thumb - PD9_interface.png]
 Filename
PD9_interface.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
222 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
346 time(s)

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Mar 02. 2011 00:54

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the edited update.
Dafydd
toran0x [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd - My larger concern is why this happened in the first place. All I had was a few audio files, title, about 6 transitions, and 3 video clips. Nothing super high end or unusual (i'm a fairly intermediate user).

Why would the program completely crash out like that?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi toran0x,
That sure feels like a 64bit million dollar question which is difficult to answer.

I could waffle on about corrupt video file, PD start up fault, Anti-Virus kicking in. In truth, I don't know and I would be totally guessing as to the reason. Crashes do occur when a system is stressed or a corruption takes place. Check you're uptodate with graphic and audio drivers.

In Auto Save or if you've carried out the File > Project save as and saved to numerically listed file names, you should have a fall back pds that when opened will crash when you attempt to repeat the YT upload - do you?

If you have, please check out:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
PART S

That's the information you'll need to report the problem to Technical Support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Thanks

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02. 2011 12:06

SeptimusFry
Senior Member Location: Brittany, France Joined: Feb 02, 2008 12:43 Messages: 243 Offline
[Post New]
I am sure this is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your problem, but I noticed something odd in your uploaded screenshot ---- where times on my timeline are separated by colons, yours are separated by semi-colons !!

Odd, or what??

i7 980x; W7 Pro; 12GB; Nvidia GTX 285; 2x300G Velociraptors in Raid 0; 2x1.5TB Barracuda in Raid 1; 2TB WD Studio Ed.II (eSATA); NEC SpectraView Reference 2690 + MultiSync EA232
toran0x [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I am sure this is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your problem, but I noticed something odd in your uploaded screenshot ---- where times on my timeline are separated by colons, yours are separated by semi-colons !!

Odd, or what??

Very odd and I always thought it looked weird. Never seen semicolons used like that.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Semi or colon, the selection in preferences dictates which will be displayed. I think Jeff (JL) brought this up in beta testing.

General > Use drop frame timecode: Yes/no, select "No" for ":" and "Yes" (default) for ";" as the separators.

The preview player counter and the track time-code displays are affected.

Thanks

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 02. 2011 13:43

Frequent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2011 04:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Thought i was the only one with this problem. I just installed PD9, all drivers are up to date, no changes where made to my hardware after update (or anything before). I tried to produce straight to YouTube but it just crashed. I eventually tried to do it the normal way(just produce to avi,mp4 etc) and it worked. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. Doesn't really matter to me though, i love this program either way lol
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Frequent,
Please post your issue as a new topic. There has been a patch update 2930 since this thread ended.

Guide information:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/13638.page

Patch: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-update.do

Sawako [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2009 09:19 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have had a problem with crashing while producing video for Facebook. It worked flawlessly for over a year and then started suddenly. I finally figured out that it started crashing after I installed PowerDVD. I uninstalled the suite and then re-installed the suite except for PowerDVD. Tested Power Director and it works fine. Then installed PowerDVD and sure enough it crashes while producing the video. I repeated the process and left PowerDVD off. Was happy for more than a year until last week our PS3 died and we wanted to watch a blue ray. I forgot about the problem with powerDVD and re-installed it. Yesterday I tried to produce a video and it crashed, I uninstalled and reinstalled the suite without PowerDVD and all is good. Hope this helps someone else.
captainz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 26, 2011 18:11 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hey i have the same problem when producing and editing. it crashes and lags alot.
i have a sandy bridge i7-2600k
-graphic card hd 6450
-memory 8gb

not sure why it start to lag.

before i can produce and now it doesnt produce it just stay at a certain percentage.
the time remaining keeps going up and the time elapsed keeps going up also and the time available just stays still.

not sure why it lags and hope one of you can help me thanks-

captainzentertainment@yahoo.com