Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector Shuts down computer during creating AVHCD
mvanderlinden [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 29, 2011 07:18 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I have some strange behaviour with powerdvd9. I tried everything. Even shutdown hardware acceleration but nothing works. I tried serveral projects but still have the same problem.

When I create a AVHCD on 1080p. The rendering starts but after 35% or 40% my computer shows a black screen and auto shutdown my pc. (witin a few seconds).

Does anybody knows a sollution.

PS i update to the latest nvidia drivers.

With regarsds

Mark
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mark,
PowerDirector 9 - yes?

Please can you provide additional information, as listed below?

Please provide a sample of the source material, unedited and about 5 to 10 seconds long. State the camera and model please. You might as well give everything in one hit for us to have.

Thanks

Dafydd
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
What is the CPU temperature when you are rendering your video? My initial guess is that your CPU is overheating during rendering and causing it to shut down or reboot. Rendering AVCHD files will normally consume all your CPU resources and operating for a long period of time will cause your CPU to run very hot unless the cooling is adequate. Depending on your setup you may need to reinstall/replace your CPU fan or adjust the airflow inside your case. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
mvanderlinden [Avatar]
[Post New]
I will examen the cpu temperature... I think you maybe right because the computer shuts down imediate without a windows warming... I did'nt have the same problem with a 32 bits os but now on 64 i have. Maybe I have to install the right powermanagement drivers from HP. By the way I'm using a HP 8730w elite laptop.

With regards

Mark
mvanderlinden [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your advise...

I had to do with the cooling of my laptop. Now it works fine. But i still get better movies when i choose not to use hardware acceleration, but that is allright with me...
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
I'm glad I could help. Windows has power saver options where you can specify the CPU usage to conserve energy. For example, on my laptop I set it to reduce the CPU speed by 50% to conserve energy when needed. You could try something like that to lower the temperature, but it will also increase the rendering time. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT