Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My Youcam Disappeared
steffothe2ndcrayon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2011 15:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
My laptop came with the built in webcam and it came with YouCam already installed. But it looks like it uninstalled itself or its corrupted because when i click it says file not found would you like to delete the shortcut. I have no idea what happend. I need some help here!
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Steff,

Very strange...frustrating too I bet!

I would check to see if in Windows Explorer, you have the following folders...this is how it is on my system, yours should be similar:

Local Disc (C/Program Files/Cyberlink/YouCam/YouCam.exe

This would be what the shortcut referred to, the YouCam.exe file. If you don't have this folder structure, you might do a "search" on your PC to see if the YouCam.exe exists somewhere else.

If you do find it, try double clicking it and see if YouCam then starts. If it does...then you can right click on that YouCam.exe file and then select "Create Shortcut". This will place the correct path to YouCam on your Desktop.

If none of this works...hopefully your laptop came with discs to reinstall the original software that came with it....or a way to create backup discs of the original software that was included.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards,

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
for pre-installed Versions (so called OEM Version) you should check if your OEM provided you a Disc of teh Insteller of PDVD.
If not you may need to recover your system to the shipping status to get application back - but please check this (if any DVD shipped with your PC that contain the installer files)

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan