Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Audio - Windows XP 64 - PowerDirector 9 64bit
fullyinvolvedmedia [Avatar]
Newbie Location: San Diego Joined: Jan 06, 2011 12:03 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Just upgraded from PowerDirector v7 to v9 64 bit for Windows XP 64 bit. I have no audio in the program.

Audio works fine in Windows and all other applications just not in PowerDirector.

I also tried installing the FFDSHOW codecs which I needed for v7 to get some basic functionality. But it didn't fix the audio.

The mute button is not on and the volume control is maxed out. I am pretty sure this is a codec issue but am out of ideas.

The support by Cyberlink so far has been horrible. Going on 48 hours with no reponse to my ticket. Thanks for any help!

- Adam
FullyInvolvedMedia.com Thx
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Upgrade or Full version Ultra?
Sample file - does it have audio?

Uninstall - reinstall?

Diagnostic of your system?

see details below.

Dafydd
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
This just reminds me of the main volume levers' positions erroneously set to 0 ...
(just a thought)

Michael.
[Post New]
ISSUE DETAILS:

- If I import an MP3 file into the media library I can play the MP3 and get sound. If I place the MP3 file into the time line there is no sound when played.

- No sound for AVI, MOV, MOD or any other file types whether they are in the time line or just the media library.

- Only sample video is nature.mpg and it has no sound either.

- NOTICED: When I attenpt to "Extract Audio" from any file and create a .wav file it hangs and cannot complete the process.

SYSTEM DETAILS & WHAT I HAVE TRIED:

Running Windows XP 64 Bit

1) PD v9 ULTRA BUILD 2504.
I purchased upgrade option on Cyberlink website. When downloaded and installed it fully uninstalled old v7 and installed PD v9 64 bit Ultra.

2) I upgraded to latest build 2504

3) Uninstalled and Reinstalled.

4) Manually reinstalled K-Lite codecs

5) Manually installed DirectX v9

Let me know if you have any ideas? Thank you

- Adam
FullyInvolvedMedia.com

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2011 13:57

Thx
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Adam,
As this is an Upgrade from 7 to 9 I think you need to take the issue directly to CyberLink.

Give as much information as you can.

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

I would not install K-Lite as it has a software package HaaliSplitter that has previously caused problems with PD - conflicts. If you've installed everything in that package you may want to uninstall.

FFDShow (google it) is OK.

I asked for a diagnostic file, which you didn't provide here. Online support will require one.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2011 14:09

[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd, I really apprecaite the time you are taking to look at my sound issue.

I have ran the DirectX Diagnostic you requested and have identified an issue. There are two diagnostics, one for standard 32 bit and another one is ran at 64 bit. Both results are attached PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENTS.

The 32 bit ran fine no issues, able to run the full sound test fine.

The 64 bit gives an error, saying "Bad Image" for c:\Windows\system32\KsUser.dll. (SEE DxDiag64.txt ATTACHMENT).

I tried installing the DirectX 9. Maybe I didn't get the one specific to XP 64 bit? Any suggestions now we have this error code to work with? Thanks again

Regards

- Adam
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Standard Diag
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
403 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag64.txt
[Disk]
 Description
64 Bit Diag - WIth Error
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
499 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2011 16:13

Thx
[Post New]
fullyinvolvedmedia;

Part of the issue is the age of your video drivers. Here is a link to the correct drivers on the Nvidia site:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64-260.99-whql-driver.html
Install them directly over your existing drivers...then....

There are some outstanding issues with XP 64Bit version and Cyberlink released a new patch, PD9 (build 2504) that fixes many of the XP 64BIT issues (your Build version can be found by clicking the word "POWERDIRECTOR" on the upper-right inside the program).

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

After you install both of those..retest...you may be pleasantly surprised.

As Dafydd suggested, since it is an UPGRADE, it may be necessary to get Cyberlink involved, but I would try the updates FIRST! (See sound...below)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jan 07. 2011 17:43

[Post New]
For the Sound error, the new drivers can be found HERE:
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&product=1&model=P5K-VM&type=map&f_type=4
[Post New]
Got the sound working! Thanks again guys, the final fix was updating the Asus motherboard drivers.

- Adam

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 08. 2011 02:23

Thx
[Post New]
GREAT!....Glad to help.

NOW, for anyone else visiting this thread in the future....when we ask for a DXDIAG file, PLEASE, provide it (as fullyinvolvedmedia did). Do this as early as possible in your thread, so we can SEE your machine and know what to suggest.

We might actually be able to help that way.
BeagleDog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2011 19:56 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I'm new to PD and am sad that I have same exact issue; I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I checked all of my drivers and they seem to be current. I had PD 8 on the system (came loaded on HP TouchSmart 600 from Best Buy) and upgraded to PD9 64-bit. (Downloaded version) 9.0.0.2504 with 2011-01-03 update.

Recap:
Plays video with sound in the preview window.
Plays video WITHOUT SOUND when the clip is in the Timeline or Storyboard view
Tried to produce a quick sample video... no sound with produced video.

Attached are my DxDiag files.

Thanks for any suggestions.

**EDIT NOTE** Sorry, I forgot to mention the file formats are .MOV and .3gp My .AVI files work fine.

Filename
DxDiagBeagledog64.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
551 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiagBeagledog.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
752 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 13. 2011 17:57

BeagleDog [Avatar]
[Post New]
I installed K-lite and that seemed to fix my .3gp files. How do I configure K-lite from the multitude of options to handle the .MOV files?

Joshfireforever
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2011 14:33 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a similar issue:

I have PowerDirector v9 Ultra 64bit, build 2330a, for Win7 installed on my computer. I've checked for updates: none currently exist which I haven't installed.

I am trying to use unprotected m4v video files in a project which i want to burn onto a dvd, and they are successfully importing by dragging and dropping, though when I try to import by using the "open" window the files aren't listed under "all media files". However, when placed in the timeline: the sound disappears.

Also, on the 'Create Disc' page, 'importing additional videos' fails for these files, then I get this message: 'File format is invalid.'

I've reinstalled and rebooted several times, installed k-lite twice, minus all configurations dealing with the HaaliSplitter, I think. And the problem remains.

How can i make this program accept m4v formats?
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Default Dxdiag file
 Filesize
38 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
330 time(s)
[Post New]
BeagleDog and Joshfireforever;
I believe that both of your problems are related to the hardware you are using to run PD9.

BeagleDOG- your dedicated video memory is 64MB.

Joshfireforever - your dedicated video memory is 32MB.
There are other issues outlined in your post but they may be related.

Neither of these configurations are adequate for PD9. There are updates available for both the Intel HD Graphics chip and the Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, but I do not think they will matter. Usually, the video driver updates contain an HD sound component update so you might TRY it!!

In this instance, I believe the issue is part of lacking DEDICATED Video memory. Neither the Touchsmart or the Inspirion Laptop have the ability to upgrade video memory.

P.S.- Before you ask....Yes, I always blame the video drivers
P.P.S.S.- MAN!! I wish people would start their OWN thread (it isn't hard)...sometimes it is impossible to keep straight WHICH question I am answering here!!!!!!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 01. 2011 16:04

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yep Fred, I agree. Post hijacking is not acceptable.
Thanks
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02. 2011 05:40

BeagleDog [Avatar]
[Post New]
FredB, thanks for checking it out. Sorry if the post was hijacked.