Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Highlighting Action In A Video Clip
cpd189 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2011 23:22 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
First of all i'm using version 9 ultra 64 and it looks slightly different then the tut for version 8. I've tried the steps for highlighting using the the focus and B&W effect but i'm getting stuck after I produce and save the black & white. The next step after that says "open the main project and place the clip produced to b&w in the master track". (I was assuming the master track is the top line where the regular video is in.) I must be wrong. And also, doesn't the b&w that i produced and saved stay in the timeline where it originally was or does that need to be removed? I am very new at this portion of editing. I am trying to produce my son's football highlights but I may have to do it without the highlighting portion
If anyone has the patience to work with me on this please let me know. I would even be satisfied with just having an arrow or anything simple to distinquish the movement from one point to the other.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi cpd189,

Yes, the procedure for doing the highlighting (as shown in that tutorial) would be slightly different in PD, as PD9 has a hybrid of PIP and Master tracks available. So now, in PD9, you have much more flexibility as all the tracks are the same and fully functional.
As long as you have the “mask/focus effect” pre-produced clip (that will have the black chroma keyed out), layered on top, in a higher numbered track, the principal is identical. Just follow precisely the steps shown. If you need more details, just PM me.

As far as just having an arrow follow a player, that is indeed simpler. Just create an arrow with a transparent background in any Photo Shop type app and save as .png image (or I can send you a few if you wish). Then import it to PD9.
Then use PIP Motion in PIP Designer to cause the arrow to follow the action using the key frames setting.

A tutorial on using Key Frames is available here. Just think of the “star” (as shown in the tutorial), as being the arrow you want to manipulate.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/18/4gPt7y6ipo0
Note: This tutorial was also done back in PD8, so the interface is a little different. But the principle of how Key Frames work in PD8 and 9 are identical, though a bit confusing at first, if one is used to PD8. But...
This might help. A user over in Cyberlink’s DirectorZone forum, was having trouble adapting the method to create a censor blur in PD8 to PD9. (Creating a censor blur is basically the same thing as having an arrow follow the action of a football player).
So I made a quick mini tutorial in PD9, to show the slight differences in the interface, and how key frames are re-accessed in PD9.
http://www.youtube.com/user/sparetoob#p/a/u/1/JgzRPcNKFgo
This mini tutorial should help to show the little changes in PD9’s interface. At 2:49 is the part, or difference, that had that DZ member stumped, as far as the differences in the PD8 and PD9 interfaces

(The original Censor Blur tutorial is here… http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/13/CE_pbBhTl1I )

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips