Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD burning stops at 21%
Keyan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2009 09:09 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting. Mine crashes every time I use 1920x1080 AVCHD as a source file, at the 21% point. I also have an i7, i wonder if it has something to do with the hardware Data Execution Prevention on the i7 and Cyberlink mishandling memory during the render process...but that is completely pure speculation and probably not correct

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Erich,
"FLV's off You Tube".
1. Using click and drop FLV's can be imported.
2. FLV is NOT listed as an acceptable import format with PD8!
I suggest you Produce the FLV to an acceptable format before trying to use Create Disc. Then bring the "acceptable format" which is recognised by PD back into PD8.

Dafydd

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Keyan,

I've seen quite a few i7 issues pop up - nothing definative. If you can explore that a bit more.

I chatted to forum member Bif about his i7 and so far he hasn't reported issues to me.

I'll email him this link to see if he has some feedback - he is a wonderful guy to know with loads of experience.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 03. 2009 13:36

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Perry,

I've done a bit of skim reading through your posts so i apologise now if I ask you to post something you have already.

1. Please can you post a diagnostic file?
2. I wonder if you can:
File > Export > Pack Project Materials > browse for a location and save your whole project contents.
3. Please ensure you show hidden files and extensions.
Folder > Tools > Folder options > View tab >
a) Uncheck "Hide extensions ....."
b) Check "Show hidden files and folders"
The instructions may be different for vista and I'm sure someone will jump in here.
4. Please display the contents in "list" form.
5. Please take a screen shot of the contents of the Packed Project and attach it here.

Now I'm looking for Shadow Edit files being present in your project.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2009 13:48

[Post New]
OK - back home - shut everything down, rebooted and only started PD8 and past project.

Burnt fine in 22 minutes although now stuck in LG RC288 player in READ mode!

Burnt another disk (BTW 8x DVD-RDL Verbatum) and this one went to 51% before - OK it does say:
Problem Event: APPCRASH.EXE )
Application Name: PDR8.exe
App Version: 8.0.0.1930
Timestamp: 4a71b564
Fault Module: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Modual ver: 6.1.7100.0 etc.etc.

Does not seem to be happy chappie!

Let me go and see if I can get the LG to give up it's bootie!
[Thumb - AppCrash.JPG]
 Filename
AppCrash.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Screencapture of Crash
 Filesize
65 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
314 time(s)
[Post New]
Apologies - only reading the previous posts - FLV's worked OK with the 75% 4.7GB disk I editied and burnt before this one - works great!

So FLV must be "Compatible"
[Post New]
OK - split the files to fit in 4.7Gb and everything works like a charm!

Seems to be a problem with the (burning of ?) dual layer disks.

Not a big issue - had some lying around and gave it a go.

Will try a DVD+RDL at some stage just to see if that is the issue.

Else - I am happy with DVD+R printables!

Hope you get your problems sorted out!

Erich in Cape Town - 21:23 SAST
[Post New]
Quote:
I chatted to forum member Bif about his i7 and so far he hasn't reported issues to me.

I'll email him this link to see if he has some feedback
Dafydd
[Moderator]

Not much feedback yet. Still waiting on copy of PD8 ordered from amazon.com, will install when it gets here and see what kind of trouble I'm in.

All I've had a chance to do is edit one 4 minute project in PD7 on the Core i7 machine. I experience multiple "hangs" that it did recover from in a few minutes on it's own, and one total PD7 crash.

I did get the project edited (a tutorial on manual aperture control on the Canon T1i in video mode) and it's here:

http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/660/t1i-and-dof-control-with-efefs-lenses-1/
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Keyan,

Basically you're not alone.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7909.page#32480

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 04. 2009 09:04

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd wrote:

Basically you're not alone.

At the risk of being too philosophical, are any of us?

(especially with Tony's doppleganger about)

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Adrian, with that lightness of touch, you bring me hurtling downwards with a crunch and a bump!

Thank you for the laugh!

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
i7 guys please try:

How about trying it again but turning off some process?

1. Type msconfig
2. Select the second tab and click the button "Advance option"
3. Check the process count and select 2
4. Restart the PC and try to burn the same project again.

These instructions are from R&D.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
ddyy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2006 06:16 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Erich,
I did not find PD8 support FLV files. I guess you installed codec packs (such as K-Lite). Do you mind converting them into some other formats such as WMV or MPEG2 and try your project again?
ddyy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2006 06:16 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Oh... ignore my previous comment since Dafydd addressed already.
PerryL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2009 18:16 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd-

Thank you for sticking with the initial purpose of this forum. I have taken a screenshot of the contents as you had requested, and will attached them seperately. I made sure that the hidden files were viewable, and that all extensions were shown. I also included some more info below that may help you track this anomaly.
Here is a list of the different methods I attempted with the same project (Project is the same referred to in the original e-mail made up of mpeg-2 video and jpeg photos:

1. Attempted to burn the project with a Menu, the result is exactly how it was in the original e-mail. (Stops at 21%, more details in original e-mail)

2. Attempted to burn the project without a Menu. The progress stays at 0% (sometimes gets up to 3% but reverts back to 0% after a couple seconds), Time elapsed continues to count, Time remaining shows “- - “. It stays like this til I cancel.

3. Using the same project, I produced a MPEG-2, then I burned the single MPEG-2 with and without a Menu. Burn was successful. At start of burn immediately Time Elapsed began and Progress percentage increased. Time remaining showed “- -“. Once the Progressed reached 21% the Time remaining showed a time and started counting down until the burn was 100% completed and it was successful.

Thanks,
Perry
PerryL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Having trouble posting contents, will continue to attempt.
PerryL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Contents
[Thumb - Contents1.jpg]
 Filename
Contents1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
81 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
276 time(s)
PerryL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Contents2
[Thumb - Contents2.jpg]
 Filename
Contents2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
98 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
254 time(s)
PerryL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Contents3
[Thumb - Contents3.jpg]
 Filename
Contents3.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
74 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
281 time(s)
[Post New]
Good Morning! I also have had problems with both renderring and burning using PD8. No matter what I tried, it all stopped at 18%. At that point I would get"runtime error". Now, I had the phone service and the folks there were great. They kept giving me things to try like shutting down the uac and selective startup. Those efforts all ended in failure. Then it occurred to me, the error message always says that windows terminated in an unusual way. So I sent an email to the company that made the computer. I use vista. So maybe these directions only work with vista. They Tech guys for HP gave me directions for making changes at the dos prompt. I did it, and I tried it, and it worked. I think.After making these changes, my movie produced to 100%. I don't want to get too optomistic, but that is the best I have seen since I started using Power Director.

GinnyB
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Perry, I need the diagnostic please. All the rest of the info is excellent.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A - name it please
PART - B - provide it please.

In the Contents2 was there a .mov video file? I saw a*.mov in Contents1.

Virginia, excellent input. I have copied the information to R&D at CyberLink. If they ask me for more data I'll send you a PM.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 09. 2009 07:11