Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help! PowerDirector 15 keeps crashing during produce SVRT.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 04:13

colonelmustard93
Newbie Location: United Kingdom Joined: Jul 23, 2016 08:11 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Quote For unchecking the SVRT, could you remind me where abouts that this again?

I don't have PDR15 but I don't imagine they've moved it. In the produce section just untick "Fast renderning technology"

p.s. Have a look at all your timelines at just past the 57 minute position. Have you got something complex going on there?

I have just checked and I do have hte option to uncheck fast rendering option. I don't think I do have anything complex going on. Sorry to keep asking but what is complex and how do I identify it? I'm very new to video editing as you can tell haha.
colonelmustard93
[Post New]
Ok so I have raised the issue with Corsair with the technical team. The current wait is 2 days. I'll give you guys and update and fingers crossed this may solve the crashing issue.

Once again, many thanks Dafydd and Longedge for the help. Is it ok if we can keep this thread open until I have news back from Corsair?
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 04:38

colonelmustard93
[Post New]
Quote Is it ok if we can keep this thread open until I have news back from Corsair?

Threads don't normally get locked unless they go way O.T. or some other special reason. I sometimes think that there ought to be automatic locking a set time after the last relevant post though smile.

No worries. I'll let you guys know asap if I hear from Corsair. laughing
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Ok so I have raised the issue with Corsair with the technical team. The current wait is 2 days. I'll give you guys and update and fingers crossed this may solve the crashing issue.
Once again, many thanks Dafydd and Longedge for the help. Is it ok if we can keep this thread open until I have news back from Corsair?

Hi,

I haven't been adding much to the thread recently but I have been monitoring/reading all the additions. "Longedge" has been giving you some great support, no more than I could give and I like reading what Longedge writes.

No worries about the thread, we're all interested in knowing how you get on.

Dafydd
colonelmustard93
[Post New]
Update:

Ok so after contacting Corsair technical support, this is what tehy said:

Thank you for contacting Corsair regarding this issue. Please perform the following and verify if the issue persists:

1 - Uninstall the Corsair Link software and any other previous Corsair software installations. (Located in Control Panel > Programs and Features)

2 - Hold the windows key and press "R" to open the windows run command

3 - Type in %APPDATA% and press enter

4 - Delete the Corsair Folder (backup any settings or profiles if you wish by saving it somewhere else)

5 - Run a registry cleaning software such as CCleaner (Run registry scan and fix all issues, backup the registry if you like)

6 - Restart your system 7 - Install the Corsair software only for your specific hardware If the issue persists, please try disconnecting the link cable from the PSU and reverify

I replied back to them and basically said I have done everthing above and still crashes. I've deleted the CorsairLink4.Service.exe file completey and I'll post an update if its still crashing or if it has resolved the issue. I might possibly un-install Corsair Link to see if that is the issue.

Speak soon cool
colonelmustard93
[Post New]
After deleting the CorsairLink4.Service.exe file, its still crashing frown

I might just delete Corsair software completely and see if that makes a difference.
colonelmustard93
[Post New]
I un-installed Corsair and other Corsair related files and its still crashing. Sigh. I guess I got to take hte PC to a technician.yell
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 04:31

colonelmustard93
[Post New]
Quote You said that you had to re-install Windows. I wonder, why was that? If it was me, I wouldn't want a 'broken' Windows installation on my system in addition to the current one.

The reason I had to re-install Windows 10, is because i thought it was a Windows related issue. That's when Microsoft technical support made sure it wasn't a Windows error. After 2 hours of doing health scans and drive scans on remote access, they told me it wasn't a Windows issue.
colonelmustard93
[Post New]
This is really strange. For the 4th time in a row, I un-checked the option of Fast video rendering technology and it successfully finished the file! So whats the diffreence between fast rendering and non-fast? Because both of the techniques of the render proccess, was exactly the same time of remaining.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 04:14

colonelmustard93
[Post New]
Quote So whats the diffreence between fast rendering and non-fast?

As far as I know unchecking it ensures that rendering is CPU only.
#

So out of the two, which is the best one to use? Does it matter which one you choose?
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2016 04:14

colonelmustard93
[Post New]
Quote The perceived wisdom is that unchecking SVRT is a first step in troubleshooting problems i.e. if a problem exists then relying solely on your CPU may resolve an issue. If you don't gain any benefit from it I'd say it's best disabled. If I'm wrong, someone else may come in and clarify.

Thank you for the clarification, I would of imagained it does the same concept. But thanks again guys for sticking around. cool
SamGray1999 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Florida Joined: Feb 13, 2019 17:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!

I have been having the same issues with 16, and they keep blaming my hardware ever since I started using it. Like I had at the time a state of the art entry-level gaming machine, with a 4 Core i5, 16 gigs of RAM, and a dedicated GPU (Nvidia), and when I crashed on startup I contacted them, updated it as they told me to, then they said it was my hardware - it wasn't. I called up their support, no answer no reply. Nothing.

So I had m dad install it to try and see if it works on his flipping new MacBook, AKA a 2019 Mac, with a 6 Core i9 @ 2.6, 32 gigs of memory, and AMD Pro Vega 20 and 2 tb of storage, and it still crashed.

They are useless, don't get another version of PowerDirector unless you have to.