Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 10 Rendering Issues
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I would just like to reiterate what Carl and Cap'n Kevin have already mentioned about finding the offending portion or clip that is causing rendering problems. Many folks, myself included, have been using PD versions with great success. Yes, there are bugs, but workarounds can be found most times.

I had occasion to work on some horrible converted VHS footage last week, originally recorded in EP (6-hour) mode. There was a lot of video noise and PD10 was not happy with that. It would hang - always on the occasional fade transition. Remove transition, and the rendering would continue to the end or until it found another fade transition it didn't like. On one DVD, I had to remove about six different fade transitions to render the entire project, but it was happy with the other 30 or so transitions, some fade, some cross, and some others.

I have encountered similar problems with other DVDs I was producing and it was always resolved by dealing with the offending portion of the timeline. It was clear to me that PD was having problems with poor quality or otherwise deficient clips. In my experience, PD10 does work as advertised.

There are many other possibilities that could explain the problem you are encountering, but, as stated, you need to help us, help you, by supplying the requested information. None of us work for Cyberlink - we are just editors like you. We do want to help, so please help us, help you.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
xX Isaac Cox Xx [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2012 20:45 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
In all honesty, I cannot be bothered to read all that above!

Long story short, I have since found the solution to my rendering problems. As mentioned before, I did use a lot of Video Enhancements to increase the quality. By simply taking that off, it renders absolutely fine. Although frustrating because it's nice to have better quality, I guess the bottom line is that it works!
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
I can't believe I just read this.

In all honesty, I cannot be bothered to read all that above!

In all honesty I took the time to read all of everyone's responses to your issue because I was interested in getting your issue resolved.

In all honesty I thought that the response from garioch7 was a very thoughtful and considerate response to your issue.

Just wanted to note the time that he took out of his day to try to help you....Resolve your issue.

I am not trying to be rude to you, but you should also acknowledge the time spent in writing very thoughtful responses to your issue.

If you want people to "bother" trying to help next time.

Best,

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19. 2012 18:59

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
xX Isaac Cox Xx [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2012 20:45 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I read it up to a certain point, to which it got a bit carried away with how people are just being unhelpful to which I then couldn't be bothered to continue reading.

I appreciate the advise don't get me wrong, but in all fairness it wasn't really relevant to me and then when other people start commenting on experiencing similar but slightly different problem, I didn't really find it applicable. Besides, I fixed the solution anyway hence why I didn't continue reading past a certain point.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Well after much trial and error I finally figured out what the solution is. I had to experiment with all the enhancements until I finally found the answer I was looking for.

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Isaac Cox,
Thank you for posting a followup and that you localised and found your own solution.

This thread had been side tracked and taken over by editors complaining of what they perceived as similar issues. This was your thread and your issue and should have remained focused on that. Editors with issues should have started their own New Topic and followed the guide/read me.

Guide: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/13638.page

I would not want you to be put off from asking for assistance on this forum again.

Forum Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2012 04:39