Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CPUwarning: 100% on ONE core or more
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
1. Please provide a full diagnostic file as described in PART B
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page The aim is to look at the text form, showing all the information data (not at a snapshot).

2. Please state clearly what build of 2330 you have and have applied. Is it a full build or a patch update from an earlier build? There were two 2330 builds released.

3. Please provide sample video which you have created in 2330 which fail to play in WMPlayer - members can then check these out.

4. Hardware acceleration was a flawed part of 2330 and its use with that program should not be counted as working. later updates corrected the situation and other parts members highlighted. Please install PD9 2930 patch and work your way through the problems you're encountering. Listing each and analytically assessing each, giving as much information as possible.

You quoted Adrian's thread in another post. Please be aware he has installed 2930 and I'm currently assisting (maybe) with his issue. Your situation is not the same, though there are similarities which might make you think they are.

5. Please state what full build you have - the starting point for PD9 before you apply any patch.
floridagator
Newbie Location: Florida Joined: Nov 23, 2010 07:27 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Nina,

I am wondering what motherboard you are using in your system. Some of the motherboards require the cores to be activated in order for all of the cores to be utilized. I don't think it is normal for 100% usage on one core and no activity on the other cores.
I am using a Asus motherboard using a 4 core AMD processor I see the that "all cores are activated" in the boot up menu.
I see that all of my cores are being used by monitoring the CPU usage.[/b]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 19. 2011 08:26

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
AMD Phenom ll X4 Processor 3.2ghz (4 CPUs)
ATI Radeon HD5670 1gb
8.00 gb Memory
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Asus P6X58D Premium.

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am taking the chance of raising this question again;
why does PD9 insists on using ONE core ? (on my pc)

I have been following the use of cpu while rendering (different file-formats).
ONE core is used to the maximum (100%-red warnings), and the other cores
give message: parked.

I have asked around, but so far no go.
Can someone verify for me their PD9 is using more than 1 core on their machine?

Nina1,

To answer your question about the number of cores being used, my system consistantly uses four cores while rendering in PD9. Core usage remains relatively equal across all four cores, but I will get some short reductions of about 20% usage on one core from time to time. System specs below.

One question I do not see asked or answered:
Does any other application on your system use more than one core?

If I were in your shoes, I would also be seeking assistance/advice from ASUS, from Intel and from Microsoft about this issue. There is something strange going on here from my point of view.
Do you have a faulty motherboard?
Do you have a faulty processor?
Is this a Windows 7 problem?
Is this a PD9 problem? Because my system uses all four cores I am less likely to point my fingure here.

Although I have not provided one, I do hope you can find a solution.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
floridagator
Newbie Location: Florida Joined: Nov 23, 2010 07:27 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Nina,
If you are familiar with going into the bios of your Asus P6X58D then I would go into the bios.
Go to the advanced menu\
CPU configuration\
Asus core unlocker\ make sure this is enabled\ by default comes disabled.
"Enables the ASUS Core Unlocker to get the full computing power of the processor" Asus quote.
This is on my motherboard so yours might be a little different.

Also check and make sure the active processor cores are enabled. All should be enabled.

On my CPU monitor all 4 of my cores are processing information at the same time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 19. 2011 10:42

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
AMD Phenom ll X4 Processor 3.2ghz (4 CPUs)
ATI Radeon HD5670 1gb
8.00 gb Memory
[Post New]
1Nina;

Quote: I leave my Dxdiag (fresh from today), to see if there is anything I should re-check upgrading.

I noticed your "fresh" DXDIAG and thought I was seeing the most current. Obviously, I missed the March date of the post.
Quote: Hi Fred,

yes, and I have been updating each time.
Thanks for taking time to check

I see that Dafydd is involved here working with you and Adrian, so I hope you get the resolution you seek. Please come back and update the issue if you find a resolution. This sounds like a much needed discussion/fix.

My "random guess" would be, this is a version specific issue. I seem to remember this occurring in one of the releases, but I never see the 100% issue anymore. Sometimes only one core is used...but often only one is needed.

I may not be the best example,though. I do mostly home videos from a Canon HF11 and VHS converted 8mm home movies. PD9 works for all my stuff!

I don't do MOV files much but have seen (and tested) the various files posted in the forum threads. That file type seems to have issues and I just haven't pursued a fix or solution.
 Filename
FredDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
32BIT
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
376 time(s)
 Filename
Fred64DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
64BIT
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
383 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 19. 2011 11:59

1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fred and Floridagator,

Thank you both for taking interest in this matter. This thread is "old", and brought up again today by Dafydd,
who seemed to have a sudden interest for it today.

At this point , I am sort of done with most of what's going on here today regarding my participation.
My computer is running very well. It is built by a renowned company here in Norway.
For pc and monitor, I paid 3250 $ or 2015 ₤. (Todays currency)
I had it built at this company to have support and help. If I have a question, I
get an answer the same day.
I have plenty of space, and can upgrade memory if needed.

During this spring, I have had 2 other, very expensive, NLE's given to me and running on my desktop. Both work flawlessly. The first thing one of them does, is detecting cores. I have been producing all, really all kinds of formats with it. It converts on the fly at my asking, if asking. Never a warning, never a hesitation or stop.

As of now, I will not continue to try out different things with PD9.
And, to put all at rest; I shall not make comments to people regarding their
troubles with patches / different systems. As I read the moderators comments today,
he thinks my comments are wrong, or without interest or significance.
As for this forum not being a "computer support site", as was one of the moderators
comments to me today, well......

PD9 (the lost child of 2330) is working on my computer. I use it for producing
wmv's, quick titlelings, quick cropping, render small bits and pieces. Keyframing pips to an extent is working ok. It's a tool I have, and as such very useful.

Quite some time ago I was very concerned about getting the red warnings of high CPU use of 1 core
by PD9.exe. I have several times watched the graphs to be sure I got the right message.
I am not familiar with going in to BIOS, but I do see the point, and will seek to get some assistance in doing so.

My summer holidays are coming up, and I wish to devote my free time and
rainy days to use my cameras and make videos.

Thank you again both of you,
I will keep you posted when I have been able to check in BIOS.

hilsen Nina

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Nina,
I have asked for information to clarify the situation and to try and localise the cause on your system - trying to help you, in a small way.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17703.page#90295 .
You may want to list your issues as a NEW topic and take up the matter with the technical company you employed. Ultimately it will be a combination of both that may help you. This is a PD forum and not a computer support site - the assistance given will be limited.
The assistance is limited because none of us can physically be there to test, try out hardware etc. something your technical company may have to do.

This thread was raised on the 18th June to a higher prominence by 3 posts before I added to it on the 19th.

I can not offer any further assistance here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 19. 2011 12:48