Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 Ultra64 - Component Activation Errors
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jfink,

What build version did you purchase from "your seller", I don't see you've mentioned that anywhere?

" I may just contact my seller and send it back. " Who is that if i may ask please?

Thanks

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16. 2011 05:41

jfink [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 14, 2011 20:43 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I am not exactly sure what version I have but I bought it "used" off of Ebay, but I have down loaded and installed the most recent update (I forgot to add that piece). The error message I get is "Codec activation incomplete. This may be because the Internet connection was disconnected (not the problem) or the program activation key is invalid (which it is not since it worked when I loaded the program) or reached its activation limit (...hmmmm). "

I wonder if the person I bought this from used all the activation credits for loading these codecs?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 18. 2011 11:36

Ramsey19 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2011 11:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am having this issue as well. I bought 10 copies from Amazon.com- to use in my classroom. I bought Power Director 9, Deluxe edition. They were NEW unopened retail boxes.

I am willing to provide screenshots, diagnostic files, etc- whatever you need. I have not updated the program to the new version yet.

I am having a lot of problems just trying to get this program installed, activated, and ready to use. I spent pretty much my entire classroom budget on this software. I can't get a refund, and if I can't get this working- it seriously could get me written up at the least and possibly terminated.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi both,
You both need to contact Technical Support:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

I'm curious (and you'll need to tell TS) to know what build of PD9 you both have.

Open PD and
select the "?" and then
select from the drop down "About CyberLink PowerDirector"
Next, copy the Full name of the version you have and the build number.
For example mine gives:
PowerDirector Ultra64 9.0.0.2504
SR number: VDE101208-05

The information of the installed product NOT the patched or upgrade build.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18. 2011 12:14

1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm reading your thread here.
You would think there will be a "hidden fix" somewhere.
I have never bought a "used" program, so I wouldn't know
about experiences with that. My Win7, though, was bought on
Ebay, nothing wrong with it (out-of-the-box).
(People buy a lot of stuff on Ebay, I understand...)

Ramsey;
your post caught my eye. Is your purchace for the classroom
the usual way? Just wondering.....
Where I teach, the usual way to buy software for the classroom
is to buy 1 disc, and then a number of licenses.

Nina

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Ramsey19 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2011 11:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I didn't find that option, we do ussually do that, buy 1 product and licences to use it, but we aren't allowed to just buy something, we have 2234239483294823948 layers of beauracracy to deal with, and after half a year, and all the problems, that is just how it came to me... 10 boxes with product.
GREG [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2011 22:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I FOUND A FIX.

I was told by a computer tech to do a new clean full windows install. However, I looked into it & realized that I did not have a disk with a serial number.

But, his key words were "partiton" it to another drive. I thought, mmm. Isn't my other Windows user names partitioned too? So I gave it a shot & tried to use PD9 on my other user name and WALLAH....I was able to activate it.

Man, this has been some headache trying to figure out.
So the fix is this. I have Windows Vista 64bit & running build 2504.

1. Pull up PD 9 on your other user name (you know switch user). If you don't have one, create one.
2. You should be able to activate it & that trial thing will go away. God Bless my tech buddy...!!!

Now this is opinion.
I recommend that if you download the trial version, use it on other another Windows user name. Somehow there is something still in the registry (even after you clean it & uninstall it) that will not go away & thus still treats it as a trial.

I hope this works for everyone.
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Greg wrote:

Now this is opinion.
I recommend that if you download the trial version, use it on other another Windows user name. Somehow there is something still in the registry (even after you clean it & uninstall it) that will not go away & thus still treats it as a trial.

When reading this I'm thinking it's a good piece of information!
Odd, but never the less something to be aware of.
When it comes to partitions, well - some have multiple drives and can even have
dual boot, some partition 1 large drive, but I guess "most people" still have 1
drive to use as is (?).

Ramsey, I'm still thinking about your problem.
How are you getting on?

Nina
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
JeffHbk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2010 17:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
This was resolved. I forgot to post a follow up. They sent the message below. The links to the cleaner tool and software are not loger working. They provided a temp login.

-Jeff

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that you are using CyberLink PowerDirector 9 Ultra and you are getting error.

In response to your concern, I suggest you to download the CyberLink Cleaner tool from the link given below and then try to uninstall and reinstall the software :

Steps

1.Run CLCleaner_PDR.exe (when "Thank you" pops up, your registry of PowerDirector has been cleaned up)
2.Redownlaod PowerDirector 9 software.
3.Install PowerDirector. (even when the previous version still exists)
To resolve your issue, I provide you a download link for PowerDirector 9 (latest build) (Full Version).

I suggest you to download the single file for PowerDirector 9.0 from the link below:
PowerDirector 9.0 (build: 2316)Ultra64: (596 MB)
jlivae [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2011 06:04 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Please, anyone....

I had a PD7 preinstalled in my Window 7. I bought a PD9 via download. When installing the program Erron 1603 came up. The installation wizard help me install. But when the wizard detected my previous PD7 it uninstalled the program automaticly. Now when installation failed I have nothing. I am loosing $72.34 if this is the case. I did happen to write down my License Key.

What can I do now, can someone, anyone help me out here.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi both,
You need to contact Technical Support:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do
Dafydd
Crystal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 11, 2011 13:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have had the same message -> MPEG2 Expired etc

I did not get a response from Cyberlink Customer Support

Like the program, dislike the hinky problems -> not Dependable software and support
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please read post: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15043.page#92438

ZION [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2011 07:56 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Greg!

Thank you for your fix. It worked flawlessly!! I have been strugling with this problem for hours. To say that I am not impressed with the Cyberlink customer support would be a gross understatement.... Power Director is pretty good though ;
Thanks again!
hakem [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2011 17:03 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
2330a