Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't import .MOV files with PowerDirector 8
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Patrick -

I'm glad Cranston chimed in there. I read right past the bit about "bundled with the laptop".

Until you make that $$$ decision, you could still try out PD with your .MOV files by first converting them to (say) mpeg-2. At least you'd be able to play with PD for a while.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Conversion of HD to a standard mpeg will require you to use a third party software AND can be problematic (frame size shrinking), time consuming (to render), lead to the degradation of your video.

Just bit the bullet and get the full version of PD. You'll have more tools etc etc and wont waste time with an older program

Dafydd
Sandeep Rathod [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Mumbai, India Joined: Sep 17, 2010 05:29 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Someone pls help me fix the issue. Problem is: I'm able to import .MOV file to V8 but while playing the video, I could see only white screen on the player (no visual, I could hear the audio); but no visual at all. Please help me resolve the issue.

Thanks
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Grandeur,
As this topic was started and answered for another member's question and your post is now on a tangent subject, please post as a NEW topic.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=posts&action=insert&forum_id=55

Please read the guide and provide the information required PART A and B.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7979.page

I'm locking this thread.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2010 06:50