Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
blu ray disc will not play with out powerdvd update...BUT after update it keeps asking for an update
sshiple2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2012 01:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi! I have been experiencing the exact same problem, and I hope that my post is not obsolete in that it is the 11th of Sept, 2012...

I purchased an external usb bluray read/write drive online from a vender in China. (This is a little suspicious.)
However, I was pleased to see that I also received a dvd containing several hundred megabytes of information on it - some of which being .exe application.
After downloading "CyberLink bd/hd suite" from this selection, I was provoked to update to version (10 I suppose).
PowerDVD (being included in the cyberlink suite) was also installed, from which I was supposed to read/write bluray and dvd etc.

DVD worked fine of course...Bluray did not. I received the "loop" as mentioned above.
I know that my laptop is not 1920 x 1080, and I know that it has an onboard intel graphics card that is probably not the ideal bluray prereq. To say the least, I was worried that it was this that kept me from playing bluray!
But NO, the software is malicious in that it intends for you to purchase its full components (of course -_!

THE SOLUTION
I then looked back to my dvd - I installed "anydvd" -a program that you can download as a free 21 day trial.
This program does something (not sure exactly all that it does). I am pretty sure that it disable certain properties of the disc that prevent you from copying it etc...
Anyhow, when this "anydvd" software is running, PowerDVD DOES WORK. My bluray movie (Gladiator if you must know) began running automatically!!
TO GET AROUND THE FREE TRIAL
I also was gifted from the chinese a program called "fox killer." This program bypasses the registry and encryption techniques on your pc to allow the 21 day free trial to continue without end.

Hope this helps Seth
philside [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2013 10:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Power DVD 9. Version 9.0.4105.51
LG Blu-ray BH10LS30. Latest firmware.
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

I have the same problem. As this thread is now 2.5 years old, I'm hoping Cyberlink has a solution to it. PowerDVD loops, asking over and over again to install a software update. Here is a screen capture.

The suggestion in this thread, and several others which relate to this same problem, to install AnyDVD is not a solution. AnyDVD works by removing the blu-ray encryption. It is free for a month, and then you have to purchase it. PowerDVD should be able to play blu-ray disks without any help from third-party programs.
Ted [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2013 17:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have been having the exact same problem, but I just figured out what I was doing wrong.

The BD disk I was inserting was in 3d. I inserted the regular BD movie and it ran fine. Then I ejected it and tried the 3d version again, and voila! Worked like a charm.

The update is supposed to enable you to run 3d Blu-ray Disks, but this function won't work until you try a regular BD first.