CyberLink Community Forum
Is there a way to nudge a clip left or right on the timeline.  XML
Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
Robert2 S

Senior Contributor

I know I can nudge the scrubber one frame left or right by using the full stop or comma, but is there a way to nudge a video or sound clip left or right other than trying to drag it very carefully?

Thanks

Robert2 S

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Cranston

Senior Contributor

Robert,

You probably already know this, but have you tried expanding the timeline (or zooming in on the timeline), to it’s full extent. This way you can drag/ nudge a media clip one frame at a time in about one quarter inch increments. It basically snaps to the next frame automatically.
Very useful when syncing video and music at the frame level.

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
[WWW]
Robert2 S

Senior Contributor

Hi Cranston, thanks for that, yes I knew about zooming in but I thought there may have been an easier way like with the full stop and comma with the scrubber.

I need to sync a separate sound track to a very specific spot in my video. I guess I will have to do it by zooming in.

Thanks

Robert

JL_JL

Senior Contributor

Robert2 S wrote:I need to sync a separate sound track to a very specific spot in my video. I guess I will have to do it by zooming in.

In that case, this might work for you.

1) Have the sound track in say track 3, split it at the point that needs exact aligment if you have to
2) Click in the time code below the preview window to enter the "exact" time code you want the sound track to start at, the scrubber jumps to this position. Since as you indicate you can frame by frame move around you know the exact time code in movie mode that you what the sound bit to start.
3) Move the selected sound section from track 3 to say track 2 and align the edge with the scrubber
4) Move the split section of the sound from track 3 to track 2
5) Select both pieces of sound track and "combine" if you wish

You now have an exact aligment of a sound bit within a sound piece to an exact timecode. Obviously if the desired aligment was not buried within the sound bit you don't need to go through all the split stuff.

Jeff
Robert2 S

Senior Contributor

Hi JL_JL, Thanks for the very detailed steps and I will definitely try that next time. I was lucky enough with a lot of clicking and dragging to get them perfectly aligned by stretching the timeline to frame level.

Cheers

Robert2 S

Forum Index » PowerDirector (previous versions)
Go to: