Robert2 S wrote:
I need to sync a separate sound track to a very specific spot in my video. I guess I will have to do it by zooming in.
In that case, this might work for you.
1) Have the sound track in say track 3, split it at the point that needs exact aligment if you have to
2) Click in the time code below the preview window to enter the "exact" time code you want the sound track to start at, the scrubber jumps to this position. Since as you indicate you can frame by frame move around you know the exact time code in movie mode that you what the sound bit to start.
3) Move the selected sound section from track 3 to say track 2 and align the edge with the scrubber
4) Move the split section of the sound from track 3 to track 2
5) Select both pieces of sound track and "combine" if you wish
You now have an exact aligment of a sound bit within a sound piece to an exact timecode. Obviously if the desired aligment was not buried within the sound bit you don't need to go through all the split stuff.