Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[solved] PowerDVD 9 won't play blu ray
[Post New]
I have a Dell Inspiron 530 running Vista 32 SP2 with Q6600 Core 2, 3GB RAM, and a Radeon HD 4650 PCIe video card with 1GB onboard memory. I recently upgraded to an LG Blu Ray burner that came bundled with Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 software for playing blu ray. The LG burner works finefor everything except playing blu ray discs and I'm convinced from reading the burner reviews and this Dell forum that the problem is with the Cyberlink software and not the drive itself. The software plays SD DVDs fine.

By searching the Dell forum I've found lots of discussion regarding the Cyberlink software, but it mostly relates to the DX version that comes bundled with some Dell computers that have blu-ray capabilities. Also much discussion regarding older versions and patches for them. My version is not the DX, the software is version 9.0.2919.52. The Cyberlink site offers little support but is very heavy on trying to get you to upgrade to their version 10. All of the previous versions appear to be very buggy and I'm not about to invest money for their latest product with so much negative on their support. On the other hand, if I can get the Cyberlink software to work I may continue with this product.

Has anyone found a patch or other fix for version 9? Alternately, is there some other software that will work to play blu-ray? I already have burning software that I'm pleased with (Studio 14) and I can burn discs that play on my standalond DVD player.

Thanks.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 18. 2010 06:34

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I moved to the correct forum!

Please read this thread
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page
to provide more information - otherwise nobody will reply to your topic.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Thanks Michael and my apologies for posting at the wrong place. As you can see, I'm new on the forum. I worked too quickly and didn't find the location that you reference.

I'll try the patch this evening and will report back with all of the info requested if it doesn't work. I'll also be an advocate for PowerDVD and support if it works. I will say that I was discouraged by the negative posts that I found when googling PowerDVD won't play blu ray. Software users are quick to post negative messages and slow to respond with resolved issues.

Lee
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

yes - welcome to the forum

please keep me updated - especially about your AntiVirus solution - recently some AV SW causing some trouble....
Please let me also know which other third party SW you have installed (especially for Media Creation part)

Greetings

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
I couldn’t find any patches for my bundled product by following the provided URL. My PowerDVD came bundled with my new LG blu-ray burner to enable playback of blu-ray discs. I’m using AVAST av software v. 5.0.677, and the requested files are attached.

I have several versions of DVD creation software, Including Nero 7, Pinnacle Studio 12, 14, and 15, and some AVS software. Of course, Windows Movie Maker also.
 Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_LEE-PC_2010_12_16_20_19_39.html
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
640 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
53 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
509 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2010 20:47

[Post New]
Hello,
please update your VGA driver it is not compatible for BD-playabck

thanks and Br

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Updated video driver from the 8.791.0.0 that installed with the installation disc to 8.801.0.0 from the AMD website. Still getting the red "not BD ready" dot for "graphics card driver" when running the BD Advisor, but PowerDVD now plays blu-ray.

I have found some significant differences from my set-top Panasonic player. Mainly that the LG drive + PowerDVD is much more sensitive to DVD surface smudges. Several of my DVDs that play on the set top player will not play until I clean them. My BD-REs are especially vulnerable to smudges.

Anyway - thanks for your help in getting my blu-rays to play with my LG player.

Lee
[Post New]
Hello,

great - enjoy your Discs with PDVD

about the surface issue - I think its related to the player hardware and not the sofware

Br

Werde Facebook Fan