Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issues with sound while playing blue-ray 3D
AthranZara [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2010 18:01 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Today I launched my 1st blue ray 3D with PowerDVD 10 Ultra.
The image is perfect, but the sound cut and come back. The sound plays for 2 seconds, then stop for 2 seconds and so on.

I don't find where the problem is, and I don't find any related topics here, can you help me please ?

Informations :
GC : GTX460
3D : nvidia 3DVision

Thank you in advance
SILENTD19 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 30, 2010 05:44 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I'm not sure that what I am about to say is correct, but the following may be connected to your issue (albeit not 3D related - just general playback);

- There is currently a thread on this forum stating that there is an issue bitstreaming DTS DH when using a gfx 400 series card (the thread actually refers to the GTX 460) - and there is a response stating that Cyberlink are working on a solution - with no planned date !!!!!

- I am also having audio issues, yet both the sound & picture keep pausing for a split second randomly (and sometimes excessively) through some of the new movies. I am using a GTX 480, but outputting the sound through the SPDIF optically, not the HDMI - so I am awaiting confirmation as to whether my issue is related to the Cyberlink software compatability with the gfx 400 series cards.

What you could try (as I did yesterday) is to download the ArcSoft Total MediaTheather 5 15-day-trial for free - this for me has ruled-out my hardware and amplifier from being the issue, as ArcSofts software is running everything fine.
If you find the problem continues, then it may be a hardware issue that you have.

Hope this goes to some way to help ressolve your issue.

Regards,

Dean
AthranZara [Avatar]
[Post New]
I 'll try TMT5 to check my hardware.

I am in the same case as you : I use my DVI output and the SPDIF output for audio.

I come back with an update about the status of my video with TMT5

Regards

Seb
AthranZara [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried TMT5. It works very well.
So the problem is from powerDVD.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

what Amplifier do you use?

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
AthranZara [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello,

I use a simple audio system (thrustmaster : http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx?ProductID=13), directly tuned on my MC

Seb
SILENTD19 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry for jumping on your thread AthranZara,

Michael - my amp is a Nakamitchi AV-10; its not the newest amp but was £1,000 when purchased and is fully DD & DTS certified, and works with all consumer equipment, and all pc hardware I have ever owned, and all forms of software & games, other than PowerDVD10 - and oit is only on a few of the latest movies that dont work - but thats a few too many!!!

How about you AthranZara?

Regards,

Dean
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Please provide more info:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

it is important to understand your setup (drivers/connection type/etc..)

thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
SILENTD19 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael,

My info is as follows;

PowerDVD Version - FULL VERSION - Latest v2325
PowerDVD SR Number - DVD100920-01
PowerDVD TR Number - TR101125-038
Operating System - x64 Bit Windows 7
Administrator Account
Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW? - RETAIL - downloaded from Cyberlink
Used VGA - POV Nvidia Gfx GTX 480
Used VGA driver version - Latest Drivers 260.99
Used Audio device - Onboard MBO - Asus Striker 2 Formula
Used Audio device driver version - Latest SoundMAX_AD1988B_Audio_V61016585
Used ODD drive (full model name and Firmware Version) - LG CH10BH20 (or something like that - firmware fixed)
Used Display(s) - Samsung RZ2233 & Acer H5360 Projector
Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI) - DVI-DVI for monitor (must be ran 60hz for PowerDVD to work) & DVI-HDMI for projector (120hz works fine, and so does 3D)
Are you using single or dual monitor environment - varies, generally extended view - but not of this makes any odds as I have the problem in all modes, including single, with 2nd display being disconnected
What kind of Antivirus SW are you using - NORTON 360 - latest Version & fully up-to-date

The detailed issue description - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14350.page

Please also add your DXDIAG log to the post (as attachement) - on the above thread link

So as not to steal AthranZara's thread, do you want to reply against both this (AthranZara's thread) and my thread, or is it easiest to keep them as one?

I also have a ticket open with Cyberlink, but they are throwing the usual basic obtacles at me in each response.

It is obviously a Cyberlink issue, given that all other software works, whilst I understand the awkwardness to produce a piece of software compatable for everbody, given the unimaginable amount of varying hardware set-ups.

With regards to the statement that the latest update for PowerDVD10 addresses the bitstreaming for GTX400 HMDI out - could it be that the SPDIF side of things has been overlooked?????

All I want is this resolved, or confirmation that it cannot be resolved, and something by the way of a refund so that I can purchase alternative software that does do as it says on the tin.

AthranZara - Again, sorry for jumping on your thread, and I hope that you continue to add to this, and get your responses & issue ressolved also.

Regards,

Dean
AthranZara [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

Here is my status :

PowerDVD full Version : version 10.0.1830.51
PowerDVD Trial Verison? No
PowerDVD SR Number : DVD100531-02
PowerDVD TR Number (if shown) : not shown
Operating System (including x86 or x64 Bit Version) : Win7 64bits version, family edition
Do you use administrator or restricted user account? : admin account
Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW? : digital copy from cyberlink website
Used VGA : No, DVI
Used VGA driver version
Used Audio device : Thrustmaster 2.1 tuned on my mothercard
Used Audio device driver version : Audio HD Realtek (can't find the version)
Used ODD drive (full model name and Firmware Version) : BLU-RAY LG CH10LS20 - OEM
Used Display(s) : Acer GD245HQ
Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI) : DVI
Are you using single or dual monitor environment : single
Are you using clone or extended mode (if use two display)
What kind of Antivirus SW are you using : avast
The detailed issue description

Please also add your DXDIAG log to the post (as attachement)

Thank you for your fast answer

Seb
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
324 time(s)
AthranZara [Avatar]
[Post New]
SILEND19 : don't worry, we can have both our solution, as our issues are related, it's normal to use the same thread, for next users there will be more information
AthranZara [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello ?

Do you have a solution to fix the problem ?
[Post New]
Hello,

we still try to reproduce the issue - please also report it to our Customer support team!

thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
AthranZara [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay, but hummmmm where is it ? ^^
[Post New]
Hi,

on the top of the page you can find the "Support" button....

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Br

Werde Facebook Fan