Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD10 Ultra Mark II error code 0024
uart [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2010 14:48 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have purchased version 10 of PowerDVD ULtra 3d Mark II but until now i never managed to make it work .
As soon as i try to play a Blu Ray it will show the update warning message and no matter how mnay times i click yes ,it will loop this message and never play the disc.
I managed to play the blu-ray with powerdvd 9 Ultra so it is not an hardware problem.Opening Power CInema it shows the errpr cpde 0024 which showed me that it is a problem related to the downloading of aacs keys on the system. One strange thing is that even if the system says that the update was applied no keys is ever downloaded in the users\%username/appdata/roaming/cyberlink\powerdvd10\localstorage so it seems a bug of powerdvd which thinks he uploaded the key but never do.I have seen other posts about this problem and in one case the firmware of the odd drive was to blame but in my case the blu ray plays just fine with powerdvd9 so...
I have tried so far with various versions of the trial and retail version of powerdvd10 ultra but the result is always the same...
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

please contact CS department about your issue or post more info:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

please make alsi sure that your AV solution is up to date!

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
uart [Avatar]
[Post New]
PowerDVD 10 Mark II Version 10.0.1830.51 Ultra Version (tried also with 2325 patch always the same)
SR number : DVD100531-02
I use an account with admin rights (the one created during install) anyway i have also tried to launch program as admin
The PowerDVD executable is one that i have downloaded from your site when i opened a previous ticket for problems with my key.
VGA : Nvidia GTX 480 driver version : 260.99
Motherboard and audio: EVGA Classified SR-2 with integrated audio Realtek Chipset ALC889
Audio drivers: WIndows 7 drivers 6.17600.16385
ODD Drive : this is a slot-in drive i purchased from overclockers.co.uk
the bios says its name is BDROM-410 On the cover of it there is written BHLR001A0 . I have searched for infos on the web and i found for sale a sony drive Sony BHLR001A but on the sony site i found no info.
Firmware version is IT7K. I haven't found firmware updates for this drive.

Monitor 19" 1280*1024 LG L1970HR (VGA connection) . Tried also to connect to my HDTV Philips PFL7962D 42" HDCP Capable via HDMI but same results.

PLEASE REMEMEBR THAT I INSTALLED TRIAL VERSION OF POWERDVD 9 AND IT READS ANY BLU-RAY perfect audio and video!
As i told i noticed that even if it says that the update process has been completed the folder appdata\roaming\cyberlink\powerdvd10\localstorage remains empty so it doesn't download aacs keys,as opposed to powerdvd 9 which loads these ones. All latest windows patches are applied
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
38 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
327 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 05. 2010 09:56

uart [Avatar]
[Post New]
the drive is from forworld/pony...still no reply though.I also opened a ticket with cyberlink support several days ago and no reply.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
can you please also post the BD-3D advisor log file here?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9795.page

thanks and Br

Werde Facebook Fan
uart [Avatar]
[Post New]
I installed latest version of BD advisor after downloading from Cyberlink site, i ran it and....it crashes as it arrives at 80%.Tried also on another installation of WIndows 7 on the same computer and same result.ANyway Blu-ray work on the trial version of PowerDVD 9 IF i enable at most 8 cores and with 2528 patch it works with up to 12 cores(logical or physical).My system has two Xeon X5650 each one with 6 physical cores and 12 logical cores, for a total of 12 physical cores and 24 logical cores.So i really dont understand why with the Powerdvd 10 ultra it doesn't work at least in the same conditions in which the 9 works...anyway a big down for Cyberlink and its ability to write code in perspective of future systems...When i bought powerdvd 9 it was written for systems up to 8 logical/physical cores so it ran fine on a quad core i7.Moving to a six core(12 logical cores) i7 it had problems and needed a patch to work without disabling cores in the bios.And it still refuses to work with more than 12 cores...Really a wonderful example of programming engineering...
Thanks for your attention,hope that you will be able to answer me more quickly though,i would like to be able to watch a blu-ray this christhmas after having bought both Powerdvd 9 and powerdvd 10 ultra

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 10. 2010 06:41

Slawo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2009 09:20 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. Power DVD 9 BD version. Was working fine until suddenly stopped and now it is looping error 0024. Had the same problem before in July 2010 and was fixed through the technical support and download of patch. This lasted only for 6 month and there it is again. THIS IS CYBERLINK ISSUE. NEED SOLUTION. Tried to solve it from thre
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page
But does not work.
Left a ticket number and after 3 days still no response from technical support

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 01. 2011 11:30

[Post New]
@Slawo,

to follow up I need:
- DXDIAG as attachement
- PowerDVD Version number
- PowerDVD SR-Number (not the CD-KEy! bot can be found in the about box)

BR

Werde Facebook Fan
Slawo [Avatar]
[Post New]
I do not have serial number. The version I have was provided to me by tech support (PDVD9/OEM/1719/PDVD9_BD2CH_OEM_DVD090622-02) - see ticket number CS000879509
I cannot post right now DXDIAG , I can do it later, but I have updated everything possible.
My current ticket is CS000974321

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 01. 2011 11:48

Angry_Angry_Angry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2011 13:22 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I would seriously suggest trying to get your money back.
Slawo [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK. Attached is my DXDIAG. Serial number is DVD090622-02version number is DVD9_BD2CH_OEM
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
275 time(s)
[Post New]
Hi,
thanks for the information - I will escalate your issue - but please have some patience it may take some time.

Br

Werde Facebook Fan