Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[SOLVED] PowerDVD 9 wont play any Blu-Ray discs
Kampfar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2010 15:20 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I got the Blu-ray Disc Suite 7 which contains a oem version of PowerDVD 9. If I check for updates the program indicates I got the latest version. It wont play any blu-ray discs. Also, If I select the video tab in the settings menu the program crashes. Another problem, I cant select any digital audio out.

Data:

Ram: 6GB
CPU: 2,21x4 (AMD Phenom 9500)
GPU: Geforce 8800 GT

Thank you in advance.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2010 09:15

SeptimusFry
Senior Member Location: Brittany, France Joined: Feb 02, 2008 12:43 Messages: 243 Offline
[Post New]
I would suggest that you reinstall PowerDVD 9. This, with whatever faults it may have, is a pretty stable product, running on many different platforms. I am very suspicious when it does not report any updates available, as I have been resisting, each time it starts, the invitations to upgrade to PDVD 10.
i7 980x; W7 Pro; 12GB; Nvidia GTX 285; 2x300G Velociraptors in Raid 0; 2x1.5TB Barracuda in Raid 1; 2TB WD Studio Ed.II (eSATA); NEC SpectraView Reference 2690 + MultiSync EA232
Kampfar [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ive tried installing the program again. It wont play ANY DVD or Blu-ray discs. It only wants me to update to PowerDVD 10! As I said before the program tells me I got the latest version 9.00.2101. If I want to play a DVD I cant select the disc drive, the program wants me to load other media instead. With Blu-ray I can select the drive but the program tells me its a unsupported format.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

can you let me know which AV solution and Firewall you use?

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Kampfar [Avatar]
[Post New]
Comodo Internet Security Premium
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

thought you use this....

this firewall has known issues and is "killing" PowerDVD playback.
to make PowerDVD 9 work you can not use COMODO Firewall (must be uninstalled completely nd reinstall PowerDVD)

suggest you contact COMODO vendor for a fix of this issue

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
oscarjreyesc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2010 20:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I got the Blu-ray Disc Suite 7 which contains a oem version of PowerDVD 9. If I check for updates the program indicates I got the latest version. It wont play any blu-ray discs. Also, If I select the video tab in the settings menu the program crashes. Another problem, I cant select any digital audio out.

Data:

Ram: 6GB
CPU: 2,21x4 (AMD Phenom 9500)
GPU: Geforce 8800 GT

Thank you in advance.

i bought the same at mall of the americas and mine would'nt work. for some reason it keeps telling me something is wrong with my output. i have it HDMI but it still wont let me play blu-ray.
[Post New]
Hello,

please check with BD-Advisor:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9795.page

There are some NV 8800 Series Cards on the market without working HDCP

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
SeptimusFry
Senior Member Location: Brittany, France Joined: Feb 02, 2008 12:43 Messages: 243 Offline
[Post New]
Just an idle question -- you do have PowerDVD Ultra? I believe that only the Ultra edition will play BluRay. It is just that I am not sure that Ultra is part of the oem package.

denbigh i7 980x; W7 Pro; 12GB; Nvidia GTX 285; 2x300G Velociraptors in Raid 0; 2x1.5TB Barracuda in Raid 1; 2TB WD Studio Ed.II (eSATA); NEC SpectraView Reference 2690 + MultiSync EA232
Kampfar [Avatar]
[Post New]
"There are some NV 8800 Series Cards on the market without working HDCP "

My grafic card support HDCP.

"Just an idle question -- you do have PowerDVD Ultra? I believe that only the Ultra edition will play BluRay. It is just that I am not sure that Ultra is part of the oem package."

This is a Blu-Ray Suite.

"this firewall has known issues and is "killing" PowerDVD playback."

That sounds really bad. Ill look into this and get back. Thank you for your help!
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
How to know if a topic was solved?
It’s not so important and have nothing to do with CL, but maybe can help CL forum to be more efficient.

Since issues and new topics are growing fast, it will be nice if there were a way to “see if a topic was solved”.

1. The most quick way, is that the topic creator edits the “subject” and add SOLVED to the end of the subject, for example: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14254.page

2. The most professional way is if JForum Team (forum software creators) can add an option or checkmark, where the topic owner, can indicate if his post was solved and then, a new ICON appears on the left side of the forum index topic description.

I know that CL doesn’t have nothing to do with JForum, but maybe can transmit the idea.

Note: I create this topic on each area of CL forum, so everybody can make comments about. Please don’t blame me if you see it everywhere. Happy Holidays! Advices and blames are wellcome

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 02. 2010 12:48

SeptimusFry
[Post New]
Quote: How to know if a topic was solved?
It’s not so important and have nothing to do with CL, but maybe can help CL forum to be more efficient.

Yes, you have my vote - but where is the voting possibility? Some boards have the possibility to post a subject for voting, which might be useful here. (hmmmm or maybe not - might stir things up too much?).

denbigh i7 980x; W7 Pro; 12GB; Nvidia GTX 285; 2x300G Velociraptors in Raid 0; 2x1.5TB Barracuda in Raid 1; 2TB WD Studio Ed.II (eSATA); NEC SpectraView Reference 2690 + MultiSync EA232
Kampfar [Avatar]
[Post New]
Problem solved. I first tried adding PowerDVD to all exclusion lists I could find in Comodo but with no luck. But if I disable buffer overflow and restart the system everything works! I first tried to add Cyberlink in the exclusion list for the buffer overflow but you need to totaly disable the option.
Kampfar [Avatar]
[Post New]
Powerdvd used to work with the Comodo settings above. But now I got new problems with Powerdvd.
I can start it with no problems but the program wont run any discs and if I want to enter the settings Powerdvd crash.
Kampfar [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried uninstalling Comodo but the problem is still there so it must be PowerDVD this time. Any help?
[Post New]
Hi,

after uninstalling Commodo you should re-install PDVD, activate and install latest patch.

Sometimes C. removes some files without notice

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
Kampfar [Avatar]
[Post New]
Which is the latest patch for the PowerDVD9 OEM 9.0.2101.0 version and how many times can I install my version of PowerDVD? I read somewhere that I only have a certain number of installs. Ive already installed it twice because of the COMODO issue some time ago. Last time it was Comodo and if I uninstalled Comodo PowerDVD worked. This time it doesnt :/ How do I activate a OEM version? Activate = Buy new Key? If so is the OEM only for a period of trial?

Thank you in advance.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 09. 2011 16:11

[Post New]
Hi,
Your OEM Version is normally bundled to the drive or PC - do you need to input a CD-KEy while installing?

if you are connected to the internet you should get update notification.

If not please try this Link:

http://www.cyberlink.com/BDUpdate

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
Kampfar [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
Your OEM Version is normally bundled to the drive or PC - do you need to input a CD-KEy while installing?

if you are connected to the internet you should get update notification.

Yes you enter the key while installing and the program tells me I got the latest version. What to do?
[Post New]
Hi,
please contact the technical support

Br

Werde Facebook Fan