Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't Install PDVD10 - Missing file in Purchased Download
G_Pa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2010 00:34 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Can anyone here help with this PLEASE!

I purchased PowerDVD 10 Ultra II 3D a few days ago on Friday the 19th, but the download package is bad with missing file(s) so it will not install at all. When you double-click the downloaded file, it unpacks to a temp directory, starts the installation, but then kicks out an error message, rolls back the install and exits.

The first error message is "Error 1334" cannot find the file "_FBBD61E55D2C4422A6B1A80B53ECABBE" in data1.cab.

I opened the packed download with WinRAR, and just like the message says, this file does not exist in the "data1.cab" file, or anywhere else in the package.

The file when packaged with the installer, is clearly not packaging everything it is suppose to, so files are now missing from the purchased installation download.

It's unbelievable that these purchased files are not validated and tested that they work, before being posted for customers like myself to purchase and download. This is completely unexuseable business practice.

Then I can't even get in touch with anyone here at CyberLink to get a good download so I can install what I paid for, and nobody has answered my ticket that was posted either.

Can anyone else help here, my grandkids came to visit for the weekend and were very excited to watch a couple of new 3D Blu-Ray titles that I promised them. Now they are very upset with me, and there's nothing I can do about it unless I can get good download without missing files.

Thanks up front from any of the users here who might be able to help with this. Maybe I still have a chance to redeem myself with the grandkids.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
did you try to get in contact with our Customer support team? kindly check with them after provising proof of purchase they should be able to provide you alternative download.

BTW - I checked the files and they are ok - maybe this issue is caused by invalid download or some other third party app on your system?

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
G_Pa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael,

Yes I did. I entered a support ticket three days ago, and in addition, I posted here to this forum for help. Problem is, my account has been debited now for three days (pretty good proof, as CyberLink has my money) and I do not have a working installation to install from.

I don't know where you downloaded your version from, but the link I was supplied with after the purchase, is definately missing the file in the data1.cab that I listed in my post. The installation says it's missing, and if you extract the files and look in the data1.cab file, that file is most definately not in there. Makes perfect sense to me with that error message and the fact that this file is missing from the data1.cab file, that the installation would most certainly fail.

My question is why on earth should a customer be expected to fork over their hard earned cash, only to get a link to a bad installation file that is obviously missing at least one or more files, and then have no way to get in touch with anyone to be able to actually get what you paid for without having to wait for three or more days. Even then, you can't call anyone about it unless you're willing to fork over more money for paid only phone support.

I have the link to the download that I was given at digital river, if you'd care to check it out for yourself. It will fail without a doubt, because it's simply missing from the installer download, period.

Now, if you can direct me to the file you downloaded, that you say is good, that would be great. At least I might be able to install it and see how things work. Although, it's a little late now that my grandkids are thoroughly upset with me after I promised them a great weekend watching new 3D Blu-Ray releases. Not sure when they'll be able to get back down to visit again either. Breaks my heart, but I clearly had no way to get in touch with anyone about this in time.

Don't take this rant as being directed at you, as I very much appreciate your response. However, at this point, I am so frustrated at the thought of receiving an unverified or untested pre-paid for product download, that I just want my money refunded in very short order. CyberLink has had my money for three days, gave me a link to a faulty download, and they have ruined my (but more importantly, my grandkids) weekend. On top of this, they give you, their customer, no way to contact anyone to fix the problem for several days. This is an absolute crime in my books. How can any business get away with selling a product to a customer without first having checked to make sure that what you are supplying them, at least has all the files it needs to even install. Then leave your customer stranded for days with nothing at all to show for the money they forked over to them, which they had no problem taking. The way it should work, is that the transaction should not be allowed to process until the installation completes and a confirmation is sent that confirms that the installation is functional. At least this way, the customer could choose to wait until they get help from the company, or choose to go elsewhere for their application.

Anyway, I've waisted enough of my valuable time. I just want my money refunded promptly so I can move onto something else. So frustrated over this, especially after all the money I've spent on this company's products over the years. But at least I'm richer for another big lesson learned.

Thanks for you response again Michael, and sorry again for dumping on you with my frustrated rant.

G_Pa
G_Pa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael (or anyone from Cyberlink),

Can someone supply a link to a good download so I can at least get this application installed and tested fully?

The link I was given after paying for PDVD10 Ultra II 3D is missing files and will not install. I've checked the contents of the file and it is missing exactly what the install says is missing.

Thanks
G_Pa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, here's the question. Have you (Michael) or anyone else been able to download the link for a purchased version of this application and successfully installed it since 11/19/2010?

The link is a download from Digital River, and is 130 MB (133,835 KB) to be exact, with a file name of "PowerDVD10Ultra_1830_DVD100531-02.exe".

When attempting to run this file to do the install, you get an "Error 1334" saying there's a missing file in the "Data1.cab" file. The file that the error says it cannot find is "_FBBD61E55D2C4422A6B1A80B53ECABBE".

If you extract the downloaded file in WinRAR and then extract the "Data1.cab" file, you can clearly see that the file that the installation says it can't find is not there. Therefore, I can only assume that this download is a bad or corrupted download, and does not have all of the files that it is suppose to have.

I don't see how anyone can download this file and expect it to install if there are missing files! So, I ask again, has anyone been able to download their purchased PowerDVD 10 Ultra II with the supplied link from CyberLink and gotten it to install?

Michael, in particular, you stated earlier, and I quote:
"BTW - I checked the files and they are ok - maybe this issue is caused by invalid download or some other third party app on your system?"

I am doing nothing accept clicking the link I was sent from CyberLink after my purchase. This brings up the standard windows "Do you want to run or save this file?" dialog. I click on "Save", select the location I want to save to, and click the "Save" button. This downloads the file and completes as normal. The resulting file is as described above and has been repeated four or five times now. Every time the installation does the same thing erroring out with the same missing file in "Data1.cab". The file is the same exact size every time, the the same file is missing every time. I repeat, there is no way that this installation will work from this file, as it is missing the file it needs to do the install.

Michael, I would like to know where you are downloading the file that you are saying is fine, because the one I was supplied with after paying my money is not fine. I offered for you to check this file for yourself, but you have not replied.

I've also had absolutely no response from my support ticket I submitted on four days ago either.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi G_Pa,

please forward your ticket number to me - I will check with CS team.

Please check your environment - maybe some Antivirus or special "unpacking" Software is causing this issue.
Please do not use multi slot connections while downloading (as stated in the mail you got from DR)

thanks and BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
G_Pa [Avatar]
[Post New]
I finally received a response to my ticket I posted on Nov 19th, almost a week ago. The CS team supplied me with a different link to the installer from the CyberLink CS site instead of the Digital River site that I had previously been given. The new links to the installer and update from the CyberLink site installed with no problems, and the application works great now. Unfortunately, I had already put into place a call to Digital River to inform them of the bad download on their site, and to cancel my order and have my money refunded. I had to call them, since I had no way to call anyone at CyberLink to resolve the problem and was getting no response on my ticket. The refund was pretty quick, and posted back to my account the day after I received the new links and got everything working.

I now have to try and get in touch with someone at CyberLink again to see how I pay for it again without having to uninstall, re-download, and re-install. I don't want to mess with the install, as everything now works. I just want to be able to make my payment for the one that's installed now. Hopefully, CyberLink can get this resolved without having to un-install it.

All of this could have been avoided if:
1) The original installer download had been tested before it was posted for download in the first place.
2) There was a phone number you could call to talk to someone at CyberLink to get a link to a good installer.
3) If no phone number to call, at least had someone from CyberLink CS available through an online chat who could have supplied a good functional installer.

Bottom line is CyberLink, I hope you listen closely to these issues, as many more of your customers have been running into these kinds of problems. The biggest one, is not being able to get in touch with someone to resolve their problems promptly. Remember, you customers have already paid their money, and leaving them stranded with a bad installer, or what ever their problem is, will do nothing but drive them away from buying your products. I have to tell you, that I was so frustrated with the lack of support after paying my money and then getting a link to a bad installer, that I had already contacted you competition and downloaded their trial versions. I was pretty impressed with one of them (I'm not going to mention which product it was), and was literally a few minutes from making that purchase and never buying from CyberLink again. My support ticket was finally responded to with the new links, and just in time. I'm actually glad that I took the time to try and download and try to install them, since everything worked. Too bad I had to go through everything I did though. I just have to now figure out how to pay for it again. Wouldn't it be great if CyberLink would just let me register and use it without having to pay for it a second time around as a gesture of good will for ruining my grandkids weekend.

Anyway, I've finally got things installed and am happy with it. What do I do now CyberLink for payment?