CyberLink Community Forum
How can I stop the YouCam windows from appearing when using Skype?  XML
Forum Index » YouCam
Jessicajil

Hello, I am used a very small notebook laptop, and every time I use Skype the Youcam windows come up on top of the video of the other people. I keep trying to close it, but it just comes up again, with irritating logo right across the person I am talking to.
I do not wish to use any of the facilities provided by this software, I just wish to use the web-cam, but I can find no way of disabling it without losing my web-cam as well?
Does anyone know how I can do this? I am beginning to hate sight of the words Cyberlink Youcam written across my family's faces just as we start a conversation!
CyberLink-Michael

Administrator
[Avatar]

Hi,

your issue sounds quite strange - suggest to contact our CS team.

you may also check what Camera you have chosen in Skype (the real Camera driver or the YouCam driver)

Br
Michael

Technical Support
[WWW]
Jessicajil

Thank you for replying.
I have selected the YouCam driver in Skype . If I select the other one (USB video device) the web-cam does not work at all. The Cyberlink YouCam came ready installed when I bought the laptop, but I don't remember this being a problem when I first used it, but that may have been because I was using a large enough screen for it not to bother me.
CyberLink-Michael

Administrator
[Avatar]

Hi,

could you post a snapshot of the issue?

Br
Michael

Technical Support
[WWW]
Jessicajil

Here is a screen of the window that comes up just as I am connecting, thus obscuring the person I am talking to at a vital moment. Previously the logo has come up and a smaller version of this window comes up to the left of the screen before expanding into this window if I don't hit the close button quick enough. Once I have either closed it or clicked on the - and sent it down to the task bar it is OK for a few minutes before the whole process of logo, small window, large window occurs all over again. I don't want to use this software at all, I just want to talk to the person at the other end?
Since it came bundled with the software on the machine, I am afraid that if I un-install it the web-cam may not work at all.
[Thumb - Cybercam problem.jpg]
 Filename Cybercam problem.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Cybercam window obscuring picture in Skype
 Filesize 89 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  419 time(s)

CyberLink-Michael

Administrator
[Avatar]

Hi,

Ok - I see and understand your issue.

can you pleae let me know what exact Version and SR of YouCam you are using (this info os in the about box)

thanks and Br
Michael

Technical Support
[WWW]
Jessicajil

I can't find the about box, but the readme file says version 1.0, does that help?

Forum Index » YouCam
Go to: