Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[solved]Powerdvd HDMI 1.4
David2780 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2010 05:28 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I hope someone can help.

I have followed every step per the 3d sticky and powerdvd wont detect my 3dtv.

I have the following

gtx460
win 7 ult
newest nvidia drivers
powerdvd 10 ultra mk2 latest update.

I just cant seem to get powerdvd to detect my display as 3dtv , I know the graphics card has HDMI 1.4 so everything seems to be set and what i need for it to work.

can someone help or advise ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 04. 2011 04:17

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

some questions:
- which display do you use?
- what content do you want to playback?
- die you press the small "3D" button on the navigation bar of PDVD?

Br
Michael
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
David2780 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am using a samsung 46" 3dtv c750

Monsters v Aliens 3D blu-ray film is the film I was wanting to play.

Yea I pressed the 3d button which said i needed to be in full screen mose which i clicked yes.

I tried auto detect which did not work then i changed the selection to HDMI 1.4 Device.

hope this helps

kind regards
peter2010 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2010 16:07 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
david
i have exactly same problem as you
same build and tv
did u gett yours sorted
im struggling here man
cheers
pete
David2780 [Avatar]
[Post New]
still no luck on my end.

even when i manualy set the refresh to 24hz
peter2010 [Avatar]
[Post New]
i can get 3d with checkerboard setting but its not stereoscopic ie no poput
so whats the point really
thnx for quick reply m8
p
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

please check this:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/13610.page

and please let me remind you this:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

Does the 3D Play option is enabled in the NVIDIA Driver?

thanks and BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
peter2010 [Avatar]
[Post New]
SUCCESS
got it
seems like running the wizard does it guys
awesome
many thnx for quick support-makes such a difference
regards
pete
David2780 [Avatar]
[Post New]
ahh yes nice setup wizard.

Now 3dtv play is out too just plug my 3d vision in and get that free too
gmnenad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2011 10:20 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I also have problem with PowerDVD while trying to play "Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs" in 3D.

My setup:
Nvidia gtx460
newest nvidia drivers (266.5
win 7
powerdvd 10 mk2 ultra, latest update (10.0.1830.51)
Samsung 46c8000 3D TV + glasses

I did all standard steps:
1) set only Samsung 3D TV as active monitor
2) run Nvidia 3D setup wizard, and left HD 3D resolution (1920x1080, 24Hz)
3) did test of Nvidia 3D Play from there, and confirmed that it works with Tv 3D glasses
4) in powerDVD i selected "3D-Ready HDTV" as option, and turned off "True Theater"

When I run movie, I can see smeared picture due to *some* 3D effect, but even with glasses turned on it does not result in real 3D effect (ie its still "smeared" even with glasses) - appears like glasses and movie are not in sync. BUT glasses+TV do work on other cases, like in Nvidia 3D Play test, or using Nvidia video player, or even more complex, when running some game on TV in 720p mode - in ALL those cases glasses+TV+nvidia 3D Play work.

But in PowerDVD, when I try this movie (only 3D movie that i have so far), it result only in some 3D blurriness (picture separation which is not turned to 3D even when using glasses). BTW, on those links here it say to select "HDMI 1.4 3D ready TV ", but only option I see similar to that is "3D-Ready HDTV". I have no idea if that is due to change in PowerDVD option names since last post here, or from some reason PowerDVD is not offering that option to me, even if i have Win 7. Also, when i try "Auto Detect" for type of 3D display, I get "No 3D display".

I also tried with older version of nvidia drivers (260.99), but with same effect. Another potential issue was that I bought movie in US, and my TV is 'european' version, but i selected region in powerDVD to be US, and also verified in nvidia panel in "view HDCP status" and it show "your graphic card and display are HDCP compatible" - and of course, PowerDVD also play movie both in 2D and in (blurry) 3D, so HDCP compatibility is not a problem.

Since I already mentioned that TV+glasses+Nvidia 3D play work in other cases, I guess its something with PowerDVD, but at this point I have no idea what .

[Post New]
Hi,

you use pretty outdated version there were already some new patches available - please check:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/12207.page

you need only to install v2701 patch.

BR
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
gmnenad [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for that reply, I was not aware that I didn't have latest PowerDVD version ( since in that Upgrade/Plugin/Patch window I always got "There are currently no new updates available").

But now I have installed version 10.0.2701.51 - and unfortunately, I still have problem.

Now I have more options in "Display device", including HDMI1.4 at 1080/24 and 720/60 which are supported by Nvidia 3D Play. But when I chose "HDMI 1080/24" , I got message "Multiple devices detected. It is strongly recommended that you only connect one display device when using an HDMI 1.4 3D output".

That message is probably due to fact that I also have 3D Vision 120Hz monitor (LG W2363D) - BUT it was turned off and in nvidia control panel only single display was selected (Samsung HDTV)- not even TV as primary and 120Hz monitor as secondary, but only TV. And still I got that message. When I ignore message and continue, when I try to play movie I get "PowerDVD can not enable 3D playback. Try choosing a different 3D display device".

Only if i pull out DVI able out of my (already turned off) LG monitor, PowerDVD will stop this first warning (about multiple devices) - probably because by pulling out cable out of monitor that monitor is also not even an inactive option in Nvidia control panel - indicating that PowerDVD is checking even inactive displays in control panel.

But even after that, while I do not have "multiple displays" message, I still get "can not enable 3D playback" message. If i set display device in powerDVD to "Auto detect", it does not show "can not enable 3D playback" , but unfortunately it is not showing 3D either, but only 2D (while 3D button in PowerDVD is set to "3D"). And also its indicative that whenever I chose "auto detect", no matter what option was in manual selection it get changed to "Nvidia 3D vision ready Monitor". Even while it is grayed out (as auto detect option is selected), if it represent what PowerDVD managed to "auto detect", then it may be reason why this is not working - seems like PowerDVD is trying to work with 3Dvision monitor even when its turned off and disconnected and only HDTV is selected in control panel.

Just to mention that other 3D things (like nvidia 3D test from control panel, and 3d games etc) still work on HDTV after PowerDVD patch, which was expected since I did not change nvidia drivers.

I also tested with only LG 3D vision monitor enabled and HDTV disabled, and it worked without problem (ie I got 3D playback on monitor, using nvidia 3D vision glasses) - problem is that I could not get that 3D with PoweDVD using nvidia 3D Play on Samsung HDTV.

gmnenad [Avatar]
[Post New]
BTW, I submitted this problem to Cyberlink support, and got following answer:

"In regards to your concern, I regret to inform you that PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D software is not optimized to work with HDTVs which work below 120Hz refresh rate."

Now, this is VERY unexpected, since as far as I know Nvidia 3D Play can not work with HDTV at "120Hz" - they all use HDMI 1.4, and work at 24Hz (1080p) or 50/60Hz (720p)

But since when I pointed this out I just got back same response, I wonder if I'm missing something there, or its just that support person do not know difference between 3D monitors (120Hz, with 3D vision) and HDTVs (24Hz/60Hz, HDMI 1.4 with 3D Play).
[Post New]
Hi,
can you post a snapshot of your 3D-Vision configuratin page?

please only connect the TV-Set and run the 3D-Vision setup again.

BTW- for BD 3D-playback via HDMI 1.4 you do not need 3D play.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
gmnenad [Avatar]
[Post New]
I finally managed to make it working. And based on what was reason to start working I could only assume that:
1) PowerDVD needs Nvidia stereoscopic 3D enabled in order to show 3D movie on my HDTV, and "Stereoscopic 3D display type" needs to be "3D TV Play" - it did NOT work with "HDMI 1.4 Blu-Ray 3D" as option
2) in PowerDVD 3D settings, Display Device needs to be "Nvidia 3D vision monitor" (or "Auto detect" , which will detect same type) - and NOT as would be expected, "HDMI 1.4 enabled 3D TV 1080p 24Hz"

Reason why it didnt work for me before was that I didnt have #1 - ie, I had all time Stereoscopic 3D display type in nvidia control panel shown as on first picture (HDMI 1.4 Blu-Ray 3D), and not as 3D TV Play. I'm not exactly certain why, but I fixed it by installing new 3D vision controller driver (266.5, and reinstalling display driver (also 266.5

Before that I had also display driver 266.58, BUT 3D vision controller driver was 266.21 - it was only driver available at that time, and beside Nvidia said that you do not need to have latest USB driver as it is precisely reason why they decoupled it. But from some reason with older driver I did not have real 3D Play (since nvidia use presence of 3D vision USB device to allow "3D play").

Anyway, once I installed newer USB driver for 3D vision, and reinstalled display drivers, I got "3D TV Play" in nvidia stereoscopic type (as in second picture), and after that PowerDVD started working on HDTV .... although only when Auto detect or "Nvidia 3D vision monitor" option was chosen - as I already said, that is slightly counterintuitive since real connection is over HDMI 1,4 at 24Hz on HDTV, and NOT on 3D vision monitor at 120Hz, but I guess that PowerDVD somehow need "Nvidia" display type to work with any of two available Nvidia stereoscopic types.
[Thumb - nvidia_3dCP_3DPlay.jpg]
 Filename
nvidia_3dCP_3DPlay.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
109 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1457 time(s)
[Thumb - nvidia_3dCP_BluRay.jpg]
 Filename
nvidia_3dCP_BluRay.jpg