Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Asked to reinstall Youcam
simpleagent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2010 22:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've been having a problem with Youcam that came installed on my laptop when I bought it. I'm able to open it, but it's stuck in the bottom right corner and refuses to move. Also, nothing populates, none of the effects or any of my past pictures and videos. For some reason it still captures video, but I can't record or take pictures, basically can't do anything to it. It just sits there. And I have to go into my Task Manager to close Youcam. I don't know what version it is, unfortunately. I tried finding it, but since the program is pretty much frozen...

I sent in a trouble ticket to CyberLink and got a response detailing how to resolve. I just went through the first 4 steps, and the 5th asks me to reinstall Youcam. How do I do that when the previous steps asked me to completely get rid of it? I don't want to buy the software. I already paid for it when I bought my laptop. Any ideas?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

When you purchased your laptop, it most likely came with a set of discs (CDs or DVDs). On one of these discs would contain your version of YouCam.

If you no longer have these discs, then you should contact your laptop manufacturer. They will provide you with your copy of YouCam.

Good luck,

Dave

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 27. 2010 06:22

Joanne2001 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2010 10:04 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I am having trouble with my daughters youcam. It came with the laptop and a 30 day free trial so she decided to buy it afterwards. I brought it for her installed it had it working for 1 day and now it doesn't work. All the icons are there and the light is on to say that the webcam is working and on but its not working at all, when we double click on the icon on the desktop it doesn't bring up anything. Does anybody have any ideas on what is wrong please? As I sent a message to cyberlink and they haven't got back to me!!! £25 wasted I am thinking although I do hope not.

Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks

Jo
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jo,

What version of YouCam are you using? Verison 4?

Before knowing your version, try the following:

1. Ensure no other program is using the webcam. I fresh reboot would make sure of this.

2. Press Ctril+Alt+Del on your keyboard to access the Task Manager. On the Applications and Processes tab, check to see if YouCam is running. If it is, click the End Task button.

If neither of these work and you are using version 4, a patch update is coming out this week that might fix this.

Regards,
David
Joanne2001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, I am using version 4, but when I press ctrl alt delete it doesn't bring up that window it brings up a blue window thats says on it lock this window, switch user, log of that sort of thing. I have windows 7 I think this is why. Is there any other way of checking to see if its running? Also do you know the date that the update is coming out?

Many Thanks for your help

JO
CLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello,

In Windows 7, there should be an option at the bottom of the blue window that says "Start Task Manager."

I am not sure the exact date...but it could be before the end of the week. I will post a link to it once it is posted.

Regards,
David
Joanne2001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, that's brilliant I have done that and ended the program, how do i start the webcam working on msn? It said in the instructions to click on tools and audio and video setup and then select cyberlink webcam splitter. When I do this it comes up in the box with a picture of a webcam and says on the picture please start your webcam. But its already on. If I select usb 2.0 camera theres a webcam picture of me, but I dont' think its working through the cyberlink if you know what I mean. I am not getting any options to do anything like add affects or anything like that to the picture. When I click on the cyberlink icon on my desktop it doesn't do anything even when i right click and select open. Any ideas, cause I have had no feedback from the company at all!!! And its my daughters money she used to buy it with. Do you think it would be worth taking it to a computer shop?

Thanks again

Jo
CLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

I am not sure why YouCam is not starting with your webcam. It seems like it can't detect it. It is built into the laptop, right?

Maybe try the short cut to start the webcam. Usually it is the Fn (a blue key) key on your keyboard and one of the FX buttons at the top (for example F4). You should see a webcam icon (in blue) on the corresponding icon.

The patch should be released tomorrow, but I am not sure this will fix it. You can try.

Regards,
David
Joanne2001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi David,

Thanks for all your help, the webcam has been switched on and is still switched on since we downloaded it the other day. So not sure, I might update it when it comes out and if that doesn't sort it take it to the computer shop afterwards see if they can sort it. The webcam is built in to the laptop, and when she had the free 30 trial it worked fine, its since we paid for it and downloaded it its not been working. Very frustrating for her.

Thanks

JO
CLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

I understand the frustration. Let's hope the patch will fix it. I will let you know when it is out.

David
Joanne2001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, Thanks again

Jo
CLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Jo,

The patch has been uploaded.

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/youcam/patches_en_US.html

Do you still have the original program you purchased? I.e. downloaded on your computer?

If you do, I suggest doing the following:

1. Go to the Control Panel and uninstall YouCam 4.

2. Reinstall YouCam 4 with the download you purchased.

3. Download and apply the patch noted above.

Hope this works. Let me know if you have any questions.

David
Joanne2001 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi David,

I have followed your instruction and for some strange but good reason it is now working. So that's all brilliant, thank you so much for all your help, you have been more help for than the company I have brought it from lol

Thanks again

JO
e.g. jake123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2010 01:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi David,

I have followed your instruction and for some strange but good reason it is now working. So that's all brilliant, thank you so much for all your help, you have been more help for than the company I have brought it from lol

Thanks again

JO

hey david i need some help, this was the only way i knew how to ask. Its a very complicated message so i'll just wait for you to send a response saying"i'm listening."
john [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 29, 2011 13:03 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
how do I re-download software that I have purchased?
CLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello,

If you didn't purchase the extended download service from Ditigital River, then I am not sure you can.

Try submitting an issue with tech support with all of your purchase information, i.e. email address and confirmation number, and maybe they can help.

Regards,
David
shanda1218 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2012 18:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi! I'm having troubles with my webcam. See I purchased a computer a year ago and it came with Youcam on it. However, I think the program uninstalled itself. I can not access my webcam through my computer but it still works when I use it from sites like facebook and skype. I am not sure what version of this product I have nor am I sure if it is still on my computer. Please help me!
CLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello,

What you need to do is contact the company that made your computer. They will be able to give you another copy of all the free software that came with their computer. They can also help you get your webcam back up and running.

Regards,
David