Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is PowerDVD 7 Ultra compatible with Windows 7 x64?
tbessie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2008 02:01 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Hello there...

I still have a bunch of HD-DVDs, and thus am keeping my copy of PowerDVD 7 Ultra installed, alongside PowerDVD 9 Ultra.

Soon, I will need to upgrade my Home Theater PC, and was wondering if PowerDVD 7 Ultra is compatible with Windows 7 x64 (or even with Windows 7 x32).

I could not find that specific question in the FAQs, so thought I'd ask here.

Thank you much!

- Tim
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi thessie,

we can not guarantee that PDVD 7 ULTRA is working on Windows 7 systems - as it was released some time before Windows 7

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
tbessie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2008 02:01 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Oh well, I'll try it and see - Thanks Michael!

- Tim
Richard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2011 18:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just to say that I made PowerDVD 7.3 BD edition play Blu-Ray via the following:

1) Install program.
2) Download the suggested patch when you try to play a disc and save it.
3) Uninstall program.
4) Restart.
5) Reinstall program, activate it but do not play anything. Close.
6) Restart.
7) Install patch.
Restart.
9) Attempt to play disc, agree to install patch, and it should play the disc from that point onwards.

Not sure all those restarts are necessary, but this worked in Win7 x64.
christianbobak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2012 13:55 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any place I can download Power DVD 7? I am very annoyed that Cyberlink stopped support for HD DVDs, as I have many of them and cannot play them anymore. I still have a driver for an old LG disc player I no longer have that comes with with Power DVD 7, but I can't find it. If I do find it, will installing it screw up my new LG player and/or be incompatible with Windows 7, which I now have?
christianbobak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2012 13:55 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I don't understand why support for HD DVDs was discontinued. Why was that done? What difference does it make to leave the HD support in the program? Why stick a huge number of HD disc owners with a bunch of expensive, unplayable discs almost immediately after that format was discontinued? The discs are still fine and will work perfectly for decades.