Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink advertisement creates problems
Old97 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 03, 2010 17:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
When the Create Disc completes, the "Burning" dialogue box has an advertisement scrolling in the middle of the box. When the Disc Burn Complete "Click OK" dialogue pops up it is immediately hidden by the scrolling advertisement. I have included a file attachment with a screen print of the advertisement. When this occurs it is impossible to click OK to complete the process. The program is locked. How can I remove this advertisement in the "Burning" dialogue box?

Thanks,

Mac
[Thumb - ScreenHunter_01 2010-09-03 05.15 PM.gif]
 Filename
ScreenHunter_01 2010-09-03 05.15 PM.gif
[Disk]
 Description
Screen Capture of completed dialogue of Create Disc
 Filesize
93 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
590 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mac -

The screenshot is from your Preferences dialogue, but I see what you mean...

Try this:

In Windows XP:
1. Locate the file - Windows XP Home c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
2. Open "hosts" in Notepad
3. Add host name at bottom of text, beneath 127.0.0.1 localhost - the text to add is 127.0.0.1 liveupdate.cyberlink.com
4. Save file and restart.

In Vista & Win 7:

1. Browse to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories
2. Right click "Notepad" and select "Run as administrator"
3. Click "Continue" on the UAC prompt
4. Click File -> Open
5. Browse to "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc"
6. Change the file filter drop down box from "Text Documents (*.txt)" to "All Files (*.*)"
7. Select "hosts" and click "Open"
8. Add host name at bottom of text, beneath 127.0.0.1 localhost - the text to add is 127.0.0.1 liveupdate.cyberlink.com
9. Close Notepad. Save when prompted.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Or you could as a workaround turn off your internet modem for the little time that you are producing your video. I seem to remember when the ads first appeared this was a work around. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
DaveThe7th [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2010 21:47 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Mac -

The screenshot is from your Preferences dialogue, but I see what you mean...

Try this:

In Windows XP:
1. Locate the file - Windows XP Home c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
2. Open "hosts" in Notepad
3. Add host name at bottom of text, beneath 127.0.0.1 localhost - the text to add is 127.0.0.1 liveupdate.cyberlink.com
4. Save file and restart.

In Vista & Win 7:

1. Browse to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories
2. Right click "Notepad" and select "Run as administrator"
3. Click "Continue" on the UAC prompt
4. Click File -> Open
5. Browse to "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc"
6. Change the file filter drop down box from "Text Documents (*.txt)" to "All Files (*.*)"
7. Select "hosts" and click "Open"
8. Add host name at bottom of text, beneath 127.0.0.1 localhost - the text to add is 127.0.0.1 liveupdate.cyberlink.com
9. Close Notepad. Save when prompted.

Cheers - Tony

Awesome man, thanks for this. I got tired of the constant popups and ads in software I had already paid for. I didn't edit my hosts file though, I blocked liveupdate.cyberlink.com in my firewall.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2010 14:11

NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Nice job Tony !