CyberLink Community Forum
PowerDVD 9 cannot play protected content on ATI digital output device (with full HDCP Capability)  XML
Forum Index » General info regarding 4K/2K Ultra HD and Blu-ray Discs
Wayne

I just installed a new LG Blu-Ray Re-Writer WH10LS30 which came with a Cyberlink Disc Suite including PowerDVD 9. When I try to play Blu-Ray Movies I get the message

CyberLink PowerDVD is not able to play the protected content on your digital output device. Switch to an analog output (VGA, D-Sub) and try again. - (Error Code = 0107)

Run the BD Advisor tool for more information.
-------------------------------------------------
BD Advisor says everything is compatible for Basic Playback
"Hardware Dual Video Decoding" fails in Advanced playback (but I think this is only for 3D)

My Video Card is an ATI FireGL V7700 (HDCP Compatible)
Display is Samsung SyncMaster T220 with DVI Input (HDCP Compatible)
Processor is Intel Corei7-920
OS is Windows 7 Home Premium

Why can't I play Blu-Ray Movies with this setup ?
Wayne

No response !? Not even from Cyberlink ? Come on I know I'm not the only one to experience this problem. I read somewhere that PowerDVD simply won't play Blu-Ray thru Digital Outputs on ATI Cards in general. Is this true ? Is my only option to pull my ATI FireGL Workstation Card and install an NVidia Gamer Card ?
If this is true then I think we need a fix (I'm talking about you Cyberlink).
jaw007

I have the same problem using a ATI X19xx based card.
Also the disc used are from Netflix.I believe they are copies.
I also have the latest Power DVD 10 MKll,and they stiil will not play.
Rhipper1965

Yeah, I'm HDCP compliant as well, though I'm running dual nVidia GeForce GTX460's. I get the same error message. Well...I get the 0110 error, but it's the same thing.

I've connected through HDMI and DVI. I'm not going to analog, that's just rediculous. Cyberlink's Knowledge Base and FAQ's are worthless.

Windows 7 Ultima 64-bit
Intel i7-930
6GB RAM
2xGeForce GTX 460 video cards
Asus MK241H Monitor
LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray Burner with Blu-ray 3D feature SATA Model iHBS112

It's time to open a support ticket on this. If they don't have a fix, I'll just go to another product and forget about Cyberlink.
Cap'n Kevin

Senior Contributor

I just thought I would post a "heading" which appears on the homepage of this forum:

This is a forum for CyberLink members to discuss and share their users' experience. CyberLink customer support will not reply in the forum regarding the technical issues. Topics or replies with attacking or illegal messages will be deleted by the forum management directly.

Cyberlink Technical Support doe NOT monitor this forum. Although "Cyberlink Michael" does moderate this forum and can get through to technical support.

If anyone feels this product is "worthless" then I would suggest moving on. But I have found this product to be absolutely fantastic on my system. I am completely delighted with the quality and performance of the product.

So if you are having a problem....most likely the problem resides on your unique PC setup. And I am sure you will be able to determine what the problem is.

Just remember....you are addressing your
PEERS
in this forum....not Technical Support...so complaining and ranting won't really get you anywhere further along with your problem.

Regards,

Kevin

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 3,000 Subscribers.
[WWW]
Cap'n Kevin

Senior Contributor

Also,

If anyone is posting a problem on this forum....you should AT LEAST

1. Attach a DxDiag showing your hardware configuration.

2. Post what Version and BUILD of the specific build you are using. Without providing this basic information it is next to impossible to provide any logical steps to a solution.

3. Provide a detailed explanation of how you have your system connected. Cable type...etc. etc.

4. Give detailed information about what your sound and video preferences are set to as well.

The more accurate and thorough information you provide the better chance of you getting a proper solution.

[WWW]
Cap'n Kevin

Senior Contributor

Hi there,

No one here is defensive at all. I am merely pointing out the fact that if information isn't provided then a solution on the forum will be difficult to get. I notice you didn't give a DxDiag file...that is your choice. Good Luck with Technical support...they will probably ask for one Technical Support has a history of responding in a way that is not acceptable to some people. The answer seem to be of a predetermined variety. By using the forum you can get answers more quickly. But you need to provide information like what I pointed out in my above post.

Your response is actually very predictable. There are some that assume that responses in this forum are "holier than thou in attitude." I suppose you can have whatever opinion you wish. I believe expressing an opinion is very healthy, but having an attitude yourself in your tone, you might not get a very friendly welcome. Again, that is just my opinion. This isn't a game to me, and it is not any of interest to me to be considered, "Right". I am only interested in seeing people have a solution to their problem and then continue on enjoying watching their favorite movie. It has been my experience that the posts in this Power DVD forum are of a very hostile nature. This is very evident if you read some other posts. There is a very large user base of people who use this software without issue, and the ones that do have a problem are justifiably upset. But it is most often due to the setup of their unique PC setup. Typically when this potential is pointed out, the user seems to get insulted for some reason and continues to point the finger at the software. Sometimes it is the fault of the software...but most times it is a problem with the PC setup. No big deal at all....but a DxDiag file will often show where the problem might be on their system. Without it...any experienced members who try to offer suggestions are simply guessing.

I think staying focused on the specifics of a problem result in a more productive outcome. Again, just my opinion.

You wrote:
Unless you have something to add for a solution

I think these are logical steps in coming up with a solution for you:

1. Attach a DxDiag showing your hardware configuration.

2. Post what Version and BUILD of the specific build you are using. Without providing this basic information it is next to impossible to provide any logical steps to a solution.

3. Provide a detailed explanation of how you have your system connected. Cable type...etc. etc.

4. Give detailed information about what your sound and video preferences are set to as well.

This is what I added to get information to add to a solution..I see nothing defensive there at all:

I would also suggest removing the swearing from your responses as it violates the "Heading" which you said you read. If you think I am still being "holier than thou", then I am afraid I don't have a response, as I am simply trying to help you get started moving forward to a solution. Not a defensive word anywhere as far as I can see....but again that is only my opinion.

Regards,

Kevin

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 04/10/2010 05:59:43

[WWW]
Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

Senior Contributor

Rhipper1965

I have removed your post. You do not have any reason to resorted to using foul language or to become abusive to a fellow member of the forum.

Curtail the use of language best suited to a gutter and NOT a public forum.

Dafydd

For more information click the links given here:
PowerDirector Video Editor = 2,2.5,3,4,5,5P,6,7,8,9,10,11 Ultimate Suite, Ultimate Suite 2, Director Suite 2.
PowerDirector 12 Image Guides linking image guides on the forum.
Image Editor = One that makes transparent background PNG files is a "must have".
Gif Animation = Creating and converting an animation can give one's video a little "edge".
Check out PowerDVD, PhotoDirector, ColorDirector, AudioDirector & MediaShow
I use the Pixelan plug-ins, (*5) with PowerDirector 12 Click here to visit Pixelan Software.
Started with 8mm splice editing and B&W still image darkroom photography.
Honesty disclosure: CyberLink have provided me their software products at no charge.
Rhipper1965

Okay. I will concede that I did get short at the end of my last post, but nowhere in my first post did I violate any of the disclaimer. Re-posting the disclaimer suggests that I did, thus provoking discourse. My "Worthless" comment was clearly stated about the knowledge base and FAQ, not the product itself. So yes...I feel Cap'nKevin provoked the issue, even though I do agree with him that people do make assumptions in forum posts.

Posting the connections was done. Posting the version was done. Posting a DxDiag file is generally useless (but it is now attached), as the product itself gave the error number and description of the problem. Error codes are usually posted in the knowledge base, though I haven't found it in there as of yet. This suggests that there is a possible coding problem. That, in-and-of-itself, is no big deal either, since the hope of the post is to draw attention to the error so that it can be fixed. Personally, I think it's a codec problem.

LMAO! Whatever man. When's the last time you seen a rated PG movie? Sorry to upset your delicate sensibilities. I'm not here to argue with anyone. I'm just looking for answers. If you don't have them, that's fine. I've submitted a ticket with Cyberlink, and I'll happily post their findings here, so everyone can get the benefit of their knowledge. If you do have any ideas, I'll gladly listen. But I didn't start the discourse, so get off my back.

Dave
 Filename DxDiag.txt [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 60 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  163 time(s)

RobertJ/OZ

Senior Contributor

If you do have any ideas, I'll gladly listen. But I didn't start the discourse, so get off my back.

You still haven't learnt, have you, forum members will not help you with your current attitude, wise up, act responsibly and maybe there might be a member somewhere who is willing to help, but I doubt it.

Error code 0110 means that your system cannot open the device or file specified

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/10/2010 15:35:25

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 12.8 Win7 64 bit
Intel T7400 4GB Ram Nvidia GeForceGo Win7 32 bit

PDtoots
Cap'n Kevin

Senior Contributor

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

If the DxDiag file is generally useless could you please let Cyberlink Michael know this so he can delete it from his list of information that he requests from his welcoming post in the Power DVD forum. I am not an expert, so I always thought it was requested for good reasons. Apparently it isn't a necessary bit of information.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/10/2010 17:04:41

[WWW]
CyberLink-Michael

Administrator
[Avatar]

Rhipper1965 wrote:Okay. I will concede that I did get short at the end of my last post, but nowhere in my first post did I violate any of the disclaimer. Re-posting the disclaimer suggests that I did, thus provoking discourse. My "Worthless" comment was clearly stated about the knowledge base and FAQ, not the product itself. So yes...I feel Cap'nKevin provoked the issue, even though I do agree with him that people do make assumptions in forum posts.

Posting the connections was done. Posting the version was done. Posting a DxDiag file is generally useless (but it is now attached), as the product itself gave the error number and description of the problem. Error codes are usually posted in the knowledge base, though I haven't found it in there as of yet. This suggests that there is a possible coding problem. That, in-and-of-itself, is no big deal either, since the hope of the post is to draw attention to the error so that it can be fixed. Personally, I think it's a codec problem.

LMAO! Whatever man. When's the last time you seen a rated PG movie? Sorry to upset your delicate sensibilities. I'm not here to argue with anyone. I'm just looking for answers. If you don't have them, that's fine. I've submitted a ticket with Cyberlink, and I'll happily post their findings here, so everyone can get the benefit of their knowledge. If you do have any ideas, I'll gladly listen. But I didn't start the discourse, so get off my back.

Dave

Hi,

please try these steps:

1. update your Audio driver (DXDIAG reports issue)
2. please install latest patches for POwerDVD OEM Version you use (there should be an pop up message)
3. please check with only one VGA (to narrow down)
4. please check your cabels (we have plenty of posts where issues are caused by bad cables)
5. please be informed that clone mode is not supported for BD playback because of copy protection restrictions

Br
Michael

Technical Support
[WWW]
Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

Senior Contributor

Rhipper1965 aka Dave,

FYI, Your remarks caused offence to other members of this forum. I read the post and considered them to be totally unnecessary and inflammatory. You instigated the use and how the phrases were used. YOU were in the wrong.

I'm sure you're able to explain your problem to others without resorting to insults and abuse. We do not need rants or such - stick to the facts and you'll be ok.

Dafydd

For more information click the links given here:
PowerDirector Video Editor = 2,2.5,3,4,5,5P,6,7,8,9,10,11 Ultimate Suite, Ultimate Suite 2, Director Suite 2.
PowerDirector 12 Image Guides linking image guides on the forum.
Image Editor = One that makes transparent background PNG files is a "must have".
Gif Animation = Creating and converting an animation can give one's video a little "edge".
Check out PowerDVD, PhotoDirector, ColorDirector, AudioDirector & MediaShow
I use the Pixelan plug-ins, (*5) with PowerDirector 12 Click here to visit Pixelan Software.
Started with 8mm splice editing and B&W still image darkroom photography.
Honesty disclosure: CyberLink have provided me their software products at no charge.

Forum Index » General info regarding 4K/2K Ultra HD and Blu-ray Discs
Go to: