Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Remove Power boxes from desktop
Sandy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 28, 2010 21:57 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Not a massive problem I know! But how do I remove those boxes you can drag into. There is no option for that when I right click on any of them. I looked up desktop and icons in the Help but neither are there.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Sandy,

sorry but I do not understand

what kind of "boxes" do you mean?

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Sandy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Aside from a standard desktop icon, there is another one. It is 4 boxes one on top of the other - one to create a data disc, onefor audio, one for copy and one for creating DVD. They are for dragging a file straight into a box. When you click on it it opens up to Quick Power to Go - each one opens that specific task. The boxes are large and it is very obtrusive on the screen.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Sandy,

mhh - i guess you are not talking about PowerDVD (our playback Software) but about Power2Go (our burning solution)

please let me know which Version of P2Go you use - so I can assist you to disable the Power2Go Gadgets

BR

Werde Facebook Fan
Sandy [Avatar]
[Post New]
It is Power2Go 4 Thanks
Sandy [Avatar]
[Post New]
It is OK thanks I found it. There was hidden powerr2go icon on the task bar - i discovered it and then right clicked and it gave me the option to hide one box at a time. Done it. So that is good. :

Now I just have to get rid of the large Power2go registration form that pops up everytime I strart the computer. I fill it all in and click Register now and then it tells me 'I am not conencted to the Internet and try again later.' I am, of course, connected. I have tried about 5 times now and get the same message.
[Post New]
Hi Sandy,

please rename the OLR Submission folder that can be found under:

C:\ProgamFiles\CyberLink\Power2Go

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
Sandy [Avatar]
[Post New]
I found what I assume is the file you meant. It didn't say 'submissions' but said OLREG. I changed the name to OLDREG. It didn't work. The registration form still came up when I restarted. I have changed it back again. Is there a Plan B?
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Sandy,

OLREG is an internet shortcut, are you sure you are unable to locate the OLR Submission Folder, it's possible that P2GO4 did not have one, but I think it very unlikely.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Sandy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oooops! Found it. I wasn't looking thru the main folders. Thanks. That worked. Yeahhhhh