where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Remove Power boxes from desktop
Reply to this topic
Sandy
[Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 28, 2010 21:57 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Not a massive problem I know! But how do I remove those boxes you can drag into. There is no option for that when I right click on any of them. I looked up desktop and icons in the Help but neither are there.
CyberLink-Michael
[Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Sandy,

sorry but I do not understand

what kind of "boxes" do you mean?

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Sandy
[Avatar]
[Post New]
Aside from a standard desktop icon, there is another one. It is 4 boxes one on top of the other - one to create a data disc, onefor audio, one for copy and one for creating DVD. They are for dragging a file straight into a box. When you click on it it opens up to Quick Power to Go - each one opens that specific task. The boxes are large and it is very obtrusive on the screen.
CyberLink-Michael
[Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Sandy,

mhh - i guess you are not talking about PowerDVD (our playback Software) but about Power2Go (our burning solution)

please let me know which Version of P2Go you use - so I can assist you to disable the Power2Go Gadgets

BR

Werde Facebook Fan
Sandy
[Avatar]
[Post New]
It is Power2Go 4 Thanks
Sandy
[Avatar]
[Post New]
It is OK thanks I found it. There was hidden powerr2go icon on the task bar - i discovered it and then right clicked and it gave me the option to hide one box at a time. Done it. So that is good. :

Now I just have to get rid of the large Power2go registration form that pops up everytime I strart the computer. I fill it all in and click Register now and then it tells me 'I am not conencted to the Internet and try again later.' I am, of course, connected. I have tried about 5 times now and get the same message.
CyberLink-Michael
[Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Sandy,

please rename the OLR Submission folder that can be found under:

C:\ProgamFiles\CyberLink\Power2Go

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
Sandy
[Avatar]
[Post New]
I found what I assume is the file you meant. It didn't say 'submissions' but said OLREG. I changed the name to OLDREG. It didn't work. The registration form still came up when I restarted. I have changed it back again. Is there a Plan B?
RobertJ/OZ
[Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1202 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Sandy,

OLREG is an internet shortcut, are you sure you are unable to locate the OLR Submission Folder, it's possible that P2GO4 did not have one, but I think it very unlikely.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel T7400 4GB Ram Nvidia GeForceGo Win7 32 bit

PDtoots
Sandy
[Avatar]
[Post New]
Oooops! Found it. I wasn't looking thru the main folders. Thanks. That worked. Yeahhhhh
Reply to this topic