Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slow motion?
Kevin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2007 16:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a slow motion feature available for PowerDirector??
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Yes.

Just put a video clip in the timeline and click on the Speed button. You can slow down a clip with stretched audio half the original speed or speed it up to 2.0 X the original speed.

Clips with muted audio can be slowed down to 0.10 X the original speed or sped up to 10 X the original speed.
nospam [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 28, 2007 06:42 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Instead of using the speed multiplier, you can also set the duration of the clip... I found that feature very usefull too, to get the timings you want...
Kevin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2007 16:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your replies guys.
I'm guessing I don't have the right version of Power Director... I have Power Director Express....there is no Speed button I can see!! Which version do I need?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
It's in both PowerDirector 5 and 6 Deluxe versions...not sure about earlier or OEM versions. Just to make sure...put a video clip in the timeline and then click on it (select it). I am saying this, because the buttons don't always appear...only when a video clip is selected, i.e. does not work for photos.

Dave
MikiMouse [Avatar]
Newbie Location: St. Louis Joined: Jul 13, 2006 23:01 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
OEM versions have no Speed /Slow motion function. You have to upgrade to the Retail version.
Trent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2007 15:18 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
When you say "Deluxe" or "Retail" version, what exactly does this mean? I'm getting ready to purchase the PD6 box version. Is this considered the "Deluxe" or "Retail" version? I'm just trying to get everything straight before I make my purchase. Thanks!

Trent
Jets2011
[Post New]
Don't worry Trent. If you are purchasing PDR 6 off the web site, it is the "full version"...i.e. Deluxe version.

Retail version means the one you buy at a store or online. OEM is a version you get with a laptop or PC you buy. Those versions are usually watered down.

Take the plunge Trent!